Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Re: Automatic Pass

lysis10
Community Guru
Jennifer M Member Since: May 17, 2015
21 of 24

Adding to third party agency problems, for some reason (and I admit it could be just me) whenever I am working directly with the main client and he hands it off to anyone else... agency, another guy in the office, whatever... it's always the end of the contract and never works out any longer.

datasciencewonk
Community Guru
Kat C Member Since: Jul 11, 2016
22 of 24

@Wendy C wrote:

Kat, the digital agency gig reinforced my loathing for 3rd party contracts.  It took me back to agency days when the AEs were always trying to CY *subsitute "their" A.  For my own sanity and quality client results - my dictum became "I talk to the client".

Along a completely different train of thought -

Half the fun of freelancing is not being bored.  Writing about the same thing day in and day out is boring. Big time. If I don't find the subject matter of at least some interest - I'm not getting involved.

I need to add that as a caveat. Actually, come to think of it, I had access to the 3rd party client with the most recent contract constructed in that way (happy clients all around and a great review). It was a smashing success. 

I'll rethink my moratorium carefully. 

You hit on another issue for me, personally: I'm easily bored with writing about the same thing over and over (if it's persistent meaning days on end -- not interspersed with some time in between; that I can do and still maintain intense focus/interest). 

nb88
Community Leader
Nick B Member Since: Sep 11, 2015
23 of 24

More common than one might think!

Fair enough for non-natives but this - and other indicators - often ring alarm bells. 

There are certain clients where you get the impression they won't be able to judge if you've done a good job or not, which makes them exceptionally hard to please. 

sam-sly
Community Guru
Samantha S Member Since: Jun 23, 2016
24 of 24

I think this falls under unrealistic expectations. Ha!

I just glanced at my feed. The first job was posted 16 minutes ago, and in the preview, I see that the client has: "an urgent deadline by the end of May." I didn't open the job, but I assume they don't mean May 2018. 

I use to search for "urgent" because I thought clients might pay better in an urgent situation. Now, urgent causes an automatic pass if it is a new (to me) client.

TOP SOLUTION AUTHORS