cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Average translation time.

Community Guru
Ela K Member Since: Feb 9, 2015
11 of 13

I do mostly legal translations or white papers on IT security or finance topics - and while I am using a CAT tool, I rarely ever translate more than 250 words an hour. And with that type of content, I struggle to keep going for 8 hours straight. 

So, 2000 words/day max. More like 1500.

Alisanne R Member Since: Mar 11, 2016
12 of 13

I normally can translate 2000/day on average. This of course dependent on the type of translation needed. If it's technical or has too much field-specific words that I will need to do research, then it will be less.

Community Guru
Gabor K Member Since: Apr 1, 2015
13 of 13

Hanna: "I also find them easy to translate from English to Finnish since I used to write a lot of funding applications for government programs back in my producer days, so I had to invest a lot of time into understanding their "language", so to speak. " Nice,  that's basically "CAT made into human ways". The principles are the same. Smiley Happy

Nichola: you can always use (up from and including Windows 7) split-page function of Windows: it places one document window exactly to the left and right side of the screen. A big, high-resolution monitor is recommended, though.

TOP SOLUTION AUTHORS