🐈
» Groups » Writers & Translators » Forum » Bids and connects
Page options
stallegro
Community Member

Bids and connects

Is anyone else finding that their work has slowed down since this new bidding connects thing started? I love the platform and have been quite successful until recently. I hate to use this to complain but I really think the bidding ridiculous amounts of connects thing is wrong. First, it puts freelancers in a position to have to buy more connects, something I never had to do before, and, Upwork already takes quite a bit off the top for jobs so to have to continue to buy connects doesn't sit right with me. Thoughts from anyone else on this?

4 REPLIES 4
gabs50
Community Member

I've been with Upworks for six years and just recently lost two long-term clients whose workloads depleted. When I went on to start submitting new proposals I didnt know what this bidding thing was but I've been trying to get new clients for nearly a month with no luck and I've never had this much difficulty.

stallegro
Community Member

I went from 4-7 invites a month to none. I hope the UW folks are listening to us.

f91e6b43
Community Member

That's true I've rejoined Upwork after a long break and trying my luck but still not getting any work.

It's pretty terrible. I think we all need to call UW support and complain.