🐈
» Groups » Writers & Translators » Forum » Can someone explain this nonsense?
Page options
lilaait
Community Member

Can someone explain this nonsense?

Screen Shot 2018-12-26 at 10.26.17 PM.png

Apparently, there are far more Arabic-English Translators on this platform than there are for French-English (which surprises me). But still, do you think there are Translators that keep on doing the test over and over again to get a higher score? Don't mind my score, what bothers me is how it looks.

6 REPLIES 6
petra_r
Community Member

@Lila A wrote:

Don't mind my score, what bothers me is how it looks.

Just set the visibility to "No" - then it won't "look" like anything anymore 🙂

set to no.jpg

lilaait
Community Member

I've seen that too. I want to show that I've passed the test but I don't like this orange banner.

Anyway, my questioning was regarding the fact that I got 4.5 in French and ended up in the top 30%, and on the other hand, 4.40 is classified below average in Arabic. Doesn't make sense.

petra_r
Community Member

@Lila A wrote:

I've seen that too. I want to show that I've passed the test but I don't like this orange banner.

Anyway, my questioning was regarding the fact that I got 4.5 in French and ended up in the top 30%, and on the other hand, 4.40 is classified below average in Arabic. Doesn't make sense.

It is the average of all people who took the test. You can be below average on an easy test with a 4.9 (where more people got 100% than got below 100% - and above average on a really hard one with 3.0 if most other test takers did worse than you - it depends on how everyone else did.

tlbp
Community Member

You can find the answers to most Upwork tests online. So, to score well, you need to be naturally fast or willing to cheat. 

lilaait
Community Member

I see. I guess that's how some would score a 100% then. Until they botch a client's job.

To my mind, this is a very silly method to pass a test. When you look at some of the stuff people are ready to do to get work on Upwork, you really have the feeling that something is wrong on this planet. 

And then there's this freelancer who boasts on his profile about being the freelancer with the best result on such a such a test. How foolish! If you really want to take the time to cheat, you can be the best at any of the tests.