🐈
» Groups » Writers & Translators » Forum » Change Hourly rate
Page options
estrellina
Community Member

Change Hourly rate

Hi! I'm new. I would change the Hourly rate in Fixed Price. How can I do?

ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Antonia, leave your hourly rate on your profile. You can negotiate a fixed-rate price when you start talking with a client. You should give a per word quote in your proposal, even if the client has stated an hourly job. Make sure though, on a fixed-rate job, that the full amount agreed is paid into escrow by the client before you start work, and particularly, before you deliver any work.

When you have more experience as a freelancer and know when you can trust your client, you can work hourly, but manually entering the hours worked. I would not recommend this to begin with as you are not protected at all by Upwork if you do not get paid for work done.

It would be a good idea before you start bidding on any jobs to read this post first, which gives the most important basic facts about how to work on Upwork:

https://community.upwork.com/t5/New-to-Upwork/Getting-Started-on-Upwork/m-p/264214#M2460

View solution in original post

3 REPLIES 3
hafeez-reema
Community Member

do you like to change hourly rate from your profile or from a project ?

thank you 

Thank you for your reply. I would like to change it from my profile because I think it is more useful than hourly rate, I mean, I prefer to finish a translation within a fixed time and price without any devices which counts my hours. I'm a little confused being new...I don't know what's best for me..

Antonia, leave your hourly rate on your profile. You can negotiate a fixed-rate price when you start talking with a client. You should give a per word quote in your proposal, even if the client has stated an hourly job. Make sure though, on a fixed-rate job, that the full amount agreed is paid into escrow by the client before you start work, and particularly, before you deliver any work.

When you have more experience as a freelancer and know when you can trust your client, you can work hourly, but manually entering the hours worked. I would not recommend this to begin with as you are not protected at all by Upwork if you do not get paid for work done.

It would be a good idea before you start bidding on any jobs to read this post first, which gives the most important basic facts about how to work on Upwork:

https://community.upwork.com/t5/New-to-Upwork/Getting-Started-on-Upwork/m-p/264214#M2460