🐈
» Groups » Writers & Translators » Forum » Client cannot see tracked changes
Page options
0558cbf4
Community Member

Client cannot see tracked changes

I submitted work to a client several times, but he tells me he does not see the changes I am making. This may be because I am manually making the changes he suggests, and then deleting the comments, instead of clicking accepting the changes.

More info, I my computer has Microsoft word 2013, and I store the document on my personal email: mail.com.
I also work on the public computers at the library, and I have read that using multiple versions of word can cause problems.

My question is, has anyone else had this problem with clients tracking changes?
6 REPLIES 6
lysis10
Community Member

I think Office 365 collapses comments. You can always do them in a G Doc and then you can keep track of comments.

jr-translation
Community Member

colettelewis
Community Member

Jason L wrote:
I submitted work to a client several times, but he tells me he does not see the changes I am making. This may be because I am manually making the changes he suggests, and then deleting the comments, instead of clicking accepting the changes.

More info, I my computer has Microsoft word 2013, and I store the document on my personal email: mail.com.
I also work on the public computers at the library, and I have read that using multiple versions of word can cause problems.

My question is, has anyone else had this problem with clients tracking changes?

Presumably, you are making the text changes in a different font colour, even if you delete the comments? Your client should be able to see the changes even if he does not have the review tab activated. I use Word 2010 and 2016 (on different computers), and haven't had a problem so far - not even when sending files to a Mac. However, I always send a client a marked-up copy +comment boxes and a clean copy with the corrected text. 

If the changes aren't recorded, the easiest option would surely be to use compare docs and create a new tracked version.

charlene-bell
Community Member

If you have not resolved the issue yet, it may be on the client's end. Your client needs to make sure to open the Review tab in the Word document, then click on Track Changes, then "All Markup" to see the changes.

Send the client screenshots of what you are seeing on your end.

That could help trouble-shoot where the problem is.

The client may see the screenshot and realize: "That's exactly what I want."

The next step would be to figure out why he isn't seeing the same thing when he opens the document on his end.