🐈
» Groups » Writers & Translators » Forum » Re: Client emailed me
Page options
hellotta12
Community Member

Client emailed me

A client sent me an email. I do not know how did they get my email as I have not shared it. 

ACCEPTED SOLUTION
BojanS
Community Manager
Community Manager

Hi Omar,

Thank you for following up with additional information. It looks like you shared your portfolio with the client. Your portfolio contains your contact information. We know sharing your past work is important. Therefore, you can share links to external portfolios when you submit a proposal. We understand external portfolios may include contact information, it is still fine to share these, though please make sure to ask the client to only contact you via Upwork.

You can let them know that all communications prior to the contract starting must take place on Upwork. We also encourage you to let us know if a TOS violation has happened by using the “Flag as Inappropriate” option throughout the platform. You can learn more about user reporting here.

I'll also share this report with our team for their review.

~ Bojan
Upwork

View solution in original post

5 REPLIES 5
BojanS
Community Manager
Community Manager

Hi Omar,

Could you please click on my name and send me a PM with more information about the email you're referring to? I'll check that for you and advise you accordingly.

Thank you.

~ Bojan
Upwork

I don't know how did they get my email

tell me which details you want to know?

BojanS
Community Manager
Community Manager

Thank you for following up, Omar.

You can share the screenshot of the email you received. 

~ Bojan
Upwork

**Edited for community guidelines**

BojanS
Community Manager
Community Manager

Hi Omar,

Thank you for following up with additional information. It looks like you shared your portfolio with the client. Your portfolio contains your contact information. We know sharing your past work is important. Therefore, you can share links to external portfolios when you submit a proposal. We understand external portfolios may include contact information, it is still fine to share these, though please make sure to ask the client to only contact you via Upwork.

You can let them know that all communications prior to the contract starting must take place on Upwork. We also encourage you to let us know if a TOS violation has happened by using the “Flag as Inappropriate” option throughout the platform. You can learn more about user reporting here.

I'll also share this report with our team for their review.

~ Bojan
Upwork