🐈
» Groups » Writers & Translators » Forum » Re: Content writing jobs with German, keyword...
Page options
standdsf84
Community Member

Content writing jobs with German, keywords

Hello,

I wish a successful freelancing week to all! I have a question. I am fluent in German, and have an economic background. Due to personal reasons, I am working from home.

If I am to look for content writing jobs here with the keywords, e.g. German, Marketing, where am I to look for? There are the two major categories here Creative writing and Other-writing? I presume that the first one is the appropriate one. Thank you very much.

7 REPLIES 7
martina_plaschka
Community Member

@Stanislav D wrote:

Hello,

I wish a successful freelancing week to all! I have a question. I am fluent in German, and have an economic background. Due to personal reasons, I am working from home.

If I am to look for content writing jobs here with the keywords, e.g. German, Marketing, where am I to look for? There are the two major categories here Creative writing and Other-writing? I presume that the first one is the appropriate one. Thank you very much.

I think there is no "correct" category, you can save your job feeds for a number of different search criteria, but frankly, I doubt a German company will hire a non-native for tasks such as these. 

@Stanislav wrote:
I am fluent in German,

With all due respect, you are no such thing.

You should no more try to write content in German than translate into it.

Your German is not up to either.

This is your opinion. Like the Emperor says in "Star Wars": "You are mistaken about great many things". End of conversation

@Stanislav D wrote:

This is your opinion. Like the Emperor says in "Star Wars": "You are mistaken about great many things". End of conversation

Unlike the Emperor, you have portfolio pieces in German and some of this community members are Germans or Austrians. They may have read your German and found that it is not that fluent as you think it is. Amateur translators often offer two-way translations, not even realizing that they cannot write or translate into their source language.

Many of them are moderately happy when somebody tells them. But that's OK, better having a forum member telling you in a message rather than a client in his or her feedback.

-----------
"Where darkness shines like dazzling light"   —William Ashbless

Well, we shall live to see, estimated lady. Have a nice day. 

@Stanislav D wrote:

Well, we shall live to see, estimated lady. Have a nice day. 

Hey, everybody here is wishing you all the best, no need to get snippy when you don't like your feedback. To succeed on this platform, though, you must be really good at what you do, and the way you slaughtered the German language in your portfolio pieces is not a great advertisement of your skills. But, on the other hand, why a client would hire a non-native German to do German translation is beyond me, too, so it's really on them, also. 

colettelewis
Community Member

@Stanislav D wrote:

Hello,

Stanislav,

You can try the filter option from your jobfeed page if you click on "Search for jobs".Or, if you scroll down from an offer through the client's feedback and other job offers, you will somtimes see "Similar jobs on Upwork". You can see this from your own profile if you go to the client you worked for (content writer) and scroll down for his/her original post, you will see other similar jobs on offer.