🐈
» Groups » Writers & Translators » Forum » Re: Delete timelog
Page options
sarahelaref
Community Member

Delete timelog

Hi guys, does anyone know how to delete time log hours? I'm having an issue with my client and I need the hours I put in with the tracker deleted. 

6 REPLIES 6
prestonhunter
Community Member

Just go to your work diary, click on the checkbox by any time segment, and then click the delete button.

Reports -> [contract name] -> Work Diary -> [check time segment] -> Delete

Screen Shot 2019-03-19 at 7.10.59 AM.png

Screen Shot 2019-03-19 at 7.11.04 AM.png

I am not getting any delete button once the segment is selected.

The delete button is there from the beginning. It does not appear when you select a time segment.

Note that you can ONLY delete time segments during the current week.

You can't delete time segments from previous weeks.

hi! hwo to delete time log? there is NO  delete button. And its not allowing to select time segement which it was only Yesterday (Friday)

Hi Chrisjoy,

You are probably trying to delete a time segment from a contract that has already ended. Once a contract ends, the Work Diary is locked, and the client is billed for the hours recorded. You cannot modify or record additional time on a contract that has already ended. 

If there are hours you did not intend to bill your client, they can dispute them during their review period. You can discuss this with your client directly. 

~ Luiggi
Upwork
jr-translation
Community Member

Sarah E wrote:

Hi guys, does anyone know how to delete time log hours? I'm having an issue with my client and I need the hours I put in with the tracker deleted. 

The client can try to dispute the time. But it looks like the client created an houly job which you probably logged as you should according to the UW books but in reality it is a fixed rate job.