cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Re: Are content writers and social media marketers the same thing?

Highlighted
Community Guru
John K Member Since: Feb 17, 2015
11 of 19

@Faisal A wrote:

In SMM, all what you( correct me if I'm wrong) is post content on social media accounts and thats for content writers do.

You're wrong. In another post, you wrote, "I did my research on Google about the average pay for content writer/copywriter." Since you know how to Google, maybe you should Google social media marketing (SSM)?

Rene K Member Since: Jul 10, 2014
12 of 19

"Bounty hunters. We don't need their scum." -- Admiral Piett

"You may want to think again about this Admiral Piett. Freelance bounty hunters are more cost effective than in house Strormtroopers" -- Upwork

-----------
"Where darkness shines like dazzling light"   —William Ashbless
Ace Contributor
Faisal A Member Since: Apr 12, 2017
13 of 19

How am I a scam? Because im starting out and learning? Or maybe you fear compitition. Jealousy isnt going to get you far.

Highlighted
Community Guru
Tiffany S Member Since: Jan 15, 2016
14 of 19

@Faisal A wrote:

In SMM, all what you( correct me if I'm wrong) is post content on social media accounts and thats for content writers do.

No.

In SMM, what you do is develop an intimate knowledge of each platform, its demographics the most effective time of day for posting, the type of content its users respond to, the mix of promotional and non-promotional content that meets that platform's norms, etc.

Then, you analyze your client's market to determine which outlets they are most likely to frequent and when. You prioritize among those markets, so as to focus your efforts on a sector that's being missed or the most profitable sector or a short list of populations.

Then, you write and curate content that appeals to your client's target market AND fits the demographics and social norms of each particular site, and post it or schedule it to post at the times considered optimal for that demographic on that particular platform. While, of course, carefully maintaining a consistent brand image across platforms and with all of your client's other web and real-world branding.

Highlighted
Community Guru
Ruth B Member Since: Jul 22, 2017
15 of 19

Tiffany,

Great summation here about SMM! You really get the point across about the complexity and organization it takes to successfully manage a client's social media strategy.

Highlighted
Vladimir G Moderator Member Since: Oct 31, 2014
16 of 19

Hi all,

A few posts have been removed from this thread and I'd like to remind everyone to keep in mind our Community Guidelines when posting in the forums. Thank you.

Highlighted
Community Guru
Wendy C Member Since: Aug 24, 2015
17 of 19

Why the name change, Faisal or your new name?

Why the collective "We" vs. the individual you purported to be in all 2 dozen of your threads?

@ Moderators - do you realize this person has been spamming all the forums for days now? 

Highlighted
Community Guru
Reinier B Member Since: Nov 3, 2015
18 of 19

I also asked about the name change, and that post was one of those that got removed. 

I'm just wondering if it is against the rules to ask if someone is posting from two accounts, or if the poster went to the trouble of changing his name in the prescribed manner.   

Highlighted
Abid H Member Since: Oct 4, 2020
19 of 19

PPC-pay per click
SEO-search engine optimize
SMM-social media manager

TOP SOLUTION AUTHORS