Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Re: Editing scam?

Highlighted
Community Guru
Wendy C Member Since: Aug 24, 2015
11 of 12

Everyone will jump down my throat for this but ...

Over the last 12 or so months I've started doing hourly jobs. I have never used Time Tracker. Once the buyer and I have talked (schussed each other out and have a better understanding of what is really needed) I explain

- many clients have NDAs and I would be violating them if TT was taking shots of my computer

- thinking is at least 50% of any creative job ... and TT does not allow for and accommodate it

Clients not only understand - but agree and I've never been stiffed doing manual hours. I obviously supply notes on what was done.

I'm a professional. My clients are professionals. Trust, integrity, honesty, and quality are traits that are often limited to professionals vs. the 'get rich quick' buyer or FLer mentality.  And micro-managing is for the insecure and foolish ....

Blerta H Member Since: Jul 9, 2019
12 of 12

Hello Troy,

If you are suspicious that your editors might be slacking off, you could try doing a paid test job. I'm not a client, but I am a proofreader. I have gone through this sort of thing before, and I think it's actually a very clever idea to see if you have the right person for the job. 

It might also ease your nerves to hear that your editors could just be reading through the text. Everyone has different ways of getting the job done.

If you're really that worried, maybe you should express that concern to your editors. You ARE paying them after all, and from what I can tell, communication is pretty essential on Upwork!

Best of luck to you. 

TOP SOLUTION AUTHORS