🐈
» Groups » Writers & Translators » Forum » Fast Turnaround Ghostwriting
Page options
resultsassoc
Community Member

Fast Turnaround Ghostwriting

I recently reviewed posts seeking expert ghostwriters and noted two or three which might be interesting. Nearly every one of the 600 plus posts is seeking fast turnaround. As in 30,000 or more words per week. I can type that fast; writing at that speed is typing. I actually turned out 35K words per week for a month when a book popped into my head fully written; all I had to do was listen and type. I don't expect that to be a common occurrence.

Is anybody else passing up reasonably-paying jobs for which they feel qualified because of the time pressure? I can't imagine publishers take these things and don't spend another six months massaging them to fix the problems created when someone mistook writing fo typing.

ACCEPTED SOLUTION
researchediting
Community Member

If a job's turnaround or workload requirements are unreasonable, then it's not "reasonably paying."

View solution in original post

3 REPLIES 3
lysis10
Community Member

Not sure what section you were in, but they don't really do that in my section unless it's a farmer.

researchediting
Community Member

If a job's turnaround or workload requirements are unreasonable, then it's not "reasonably paying."

90ad35d8
Community Member

Bill H wrote:

I recently reviewed posts seeking expert ghostwriters and noted two or three which might be interesting. Nearly every one of the 600 plus posts is seeking fast turnaround. As in 30,000 or more words per week. I can type that fast; writing at that speed is typing. I actually turned out 35K words per week for a month when a book popped into my head fully written; all I had to do was listen and type. I don't expect that to be a common occurrence.

Is anybody else passing up reasonably-paying jobs for which they feel qualified because of the time pressure? I can't imagine publishers take these things and don't spend another six months massaging them to fix the problems created when someone mistook writing fo typing.

I took one fast-turnaround ghostwriting job that was fun and worth it, but it was a one-time thing (rewritng a telecourse into an eBook format in 48 hours). I'd do it again if circumstances were right and I didn't have anything else going on.

I have an ongoing ghostwriting job that has fast turnaround requirements, but I tell them when I'm ready for an article assignment, and I have 12 hours to get it done after they give it to me, so it works out.

I just laugh when I see the jobs that require "3-5 500-word posts per day, ongoing." I mean, I could keep that up for a little while, but the research...! You're right when you say the typing isn't the problem! No wonder so many jobs posted here are  people who can't keep up with their own writing jobs, outsourcing to other freelancers!