🐈
» Groups » Writers & Translators » Forum » Fraud (translation)
Page options
dongwook_k
Community Member

Fraud (translation)

I would like to report a client due to suspicious activity. Here's the link to the project: **Edited for Community Guidelines**

I contacted the above person to submit a proposal for Korean to English translation. They claimed that they are a company called **Edited for Community Guidelines**, and sent me an email to further proceed by contacting the following email address: **Edited for Community Guidelines**

After an online "interview" process, they then demanded money from me so that I can purchase a laptop for their work. When I told the person that I will get back to him a day later, they stopped messaging me. I just wanted to make sure this profile gets flagged and does not continue the suspicious activity. Please let me know if you need additional information. Thank you for your time.

1 REPLY 1
JoanneP

Hi Dongwook,

I'm sorry to hear of your experience with this client. I checked and I can confirm that our team has already taken the appropriate action according to our internal process. In the future, you can report any suspicious activities to our team directly by using the flagging option found on every job posts. For more information, please check this help article. Thank you. 

~ Joanne
Upwork