Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Google Docs

Highlighted
Lynn K Member Since: Jul 9, 2017
1 of 21

Hi everyone,

"if your project must be accessed through Google DOCS, I will be withdrawing my submission"

I read this on a profile once. I was wondering why Google Docs would be a problem?

Highlighted
Community Guru
Nichola L Member Since: Mar 13, 2015
2 of 21

@Lynn K wrote:

Hi everyone,

"if your project must be accessed through Google DOCS, I will be withdrawing my submission"

I read this on a profile once. I was wondering why Google Docs would be a problem?

I suppose some people just don't like Google Docs. I'm not a fan either, but stating that in a profile IMO is foolhardy. Clients will read "inflexible freelancer" and move on.

Highlighted
3 of 21

Hi Nichola,

I think I would agree that you could be losing out on some potential clients. The statement just seemed out of place in a venue where competition is high.

Lynn

Highlighted
Community Guru
Rene K Member Since: Jul 10, 2014
4 of 21

@Lynn K wrote:

Hi everyone,

In this specific case, the problem is not Google Docs.

-----------
"Where darkness shines like dazzling light"   —William Ashbless
Highlighted
5 of 21

Hi Rene,

So, are you saying the problem is the freelancer not wanting to use Google Docs?

Lynn

Highlighted
John B Member Since: Apr 24, 2020
6 of 21

Tried for hours and hours to to upload a writing sample from Google Docs to a Proposal on Upworks. I feel like smashing this Chromebook to pieces. Job no longer available. Why cannot I access those files?

Highlighted
Community Guru
Tonya P Member Since: Nov 26, 2015
7 of 21

One of my clients works with large organizations that require certain security levels for any work related to their business. He had to stop using Google docs because they aren't secure enough. I didn't ask for details and it hasn't been an issue for any of my other contracts. 

Highlighted
8 of 21

Hi Tonya,

I've never thought of Google Docs in terms of its lack of security. I can see where some businesses would be wary of that.

Lynn

Highlighted
Andrei V Member Since: Jul 8, 2017
9 of 21

Some people do not like Google to know about them and their business, as it seems to me.

Highlighted
10 of 21

Hi Andrei,

I guess privacy concerns could be an issue as well.

Thank you, everyone, for all your responses. They were quite helpful in making me more aware of things to think about when using online tools.

Lynn

TOP SOLUTION AUTHORS