🐈
» Groups » Writers & Translators » Forum » How do I resinstate a withdrawn proposal?
Page options
firefingers
Community Member

How do I resinstate a withdrawn proposal?

Hello Upworkers,

So I have a little dilemma. A guy sent me an invite to do some technical writing for his website. We went back and forth for about a week with messages. I told him I was ready to work and to send the contract. I did not hear from him for like 4-5 days and figured he moved on. So, I withdrew my proposal. About 2 days later he messages me and wants me to do the work (I think he was unaware about the withdrawal of the proposal). I agree and he agrees to pay me. He tries to send a contract and even shows  me a screenshot that he is getting errors. He states he has contacted Upwork support. I agree to begin work for him. We've been messaging back and forth about the progress of the writing. Today, I notified him that I am done with the work and he wants to pay me. But we are still having the dilemma about sending a contact. 

When I look at records it shows I withdrew the proposal and will not let me send another one. It appears on his end he cannot do anything. I am wondering what we can do. Is there a way for me to send another proposal? Or is it possible for him to send another invite (he said he tried but can't)? What can be done in this situation?

Thanks

5 REPLIES 5
martina_plaschka
Community Member

@Dylan M wrote:

Hello Upworkers,

So I have a little dilemma. A guy sent me an invite to do some technical writing for his website. We went back and forth for about a week with messages. I told him I was ready to work and to send the contract. I did not hear from him for like 4-5 days and figured he moved on. So, I withdrew my proposal. About 2 days later he messages me and wants me to do the work (I think he was unaware about the withdrawal of the proposal). I agree and he agrees to pay me. He tries to send a contract and even shows  me a screenshot that he is getting errors. He states he has contacted Upwork support. I agree to begin work for him. We've been messaging back and forth about the progress of the writing. Today, I notified him that I am done with the work and he wants to pay me. But we are still having the dilemma about sending a contact. 

When I look at records it shows I withdrew the proposal and will not let me send another one. It appears on his end he cannot do anything. I am wondering what we can do. Is there a way for me to send another proposal? Or is it possible for him to send another invite (he said he tried but can't)? What can be done in this situation?

Thanks

If you sent a proposal, withdrew it, answered an invitation, is all irrelevant and not required to have a contract in the end. 

It should be very easy for him to send you an offer, can't offer an opinion why he is unable to do so. 

In any case, do not send him anything unless you have a contract in place! It was a bit unwise to start working before that, that is highly discouraged. 

All you can do now is wait for him to resolve his "technical issue" and for him to send you an offer, which you then accept, and then and only then send him the files. 

renatoss
Community Member

You should not start and even more finish the work on something that has no contract active.

I think in order to work this, he could try to make another job post, invite you to the interview. I think this should work for both, being a new job ad so you could even apply by yourself.

@Sebastian Renato S wrote:

You should not start and even more finish the work on something that has no contract active.

I think in order to work this, he could try to make another job post, invite you to the interview. I think this should work for both, being a new job ad so you could even apply by yourself.

Completely unnecessary and a waste of perfectly good little connects. 

@Martina P wrote:

@Sebastian Renato S wrote:

Completely unnecessary and a waste of perfectly good little connects. 

You do not need connects when you have an invitation.

petra_r
Community Member

Dylan M wrote: What can be done in this situation?

Tell the client to go directly to your profile and hit the Hire Now button, then go from there.

hire now.jpg