🐈
» Groups » Writers & Translators » Forum » How much do you charge for a press release?
Page options
6b31f972
Community Member

How much do you charge for a press release?

Hi everyone,

A client asked me to help with writing a 200-word PR statement. I know how to write one, but I have not been paid to do it before. I checked the projects, and the pricing is drastically different from freelancer to freelancer (ranges from $30-$600).

What do you think is a fair price for a 200-word PR statement?

Thanks in advance,

Vanessa

1 REPLY 1
colettelewis
Community Member

Vanessa T wrote:

Hi everyone,

A client asked me to help with writing a 200-word PR statement. I know how to write one, but I have not been paid to do it before. I checked the projects, and the pricing is drastically different from freelancer to freelancer (ranges from $30-$600).

What do you think is a fair price for a 200-word PR statement?

Thanks in advance,

Vanessa

. _______________________________

It is almost impossible to put a price on a press release. However, to begin with, I  would need to know exactly what the client wants, what the subject is, and if I would have to do any research.  200 words is not even a page, but a piece that short could take longer than a longer text depending on what is being publicized. 

When you have more details from your client, I think you need to assess how long it would take you to write 200 words depending on the details he gives you and  then charge accordingly.