cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

How much should I charge for a job like this? (writing)

victor_a
Victor A Member Since: Jun 15, 2017
1 of 8

Greetings to my fellow writers, I was wondering how much should I charge for this kind of articles to a client, I´m used to write lengthy blog post (1000-1500 words) in around 3 hours charging $10 USD for them, but I´m no familiar with rate for this kind of post, the job requires write the post in both English and Spanish, some research (to look for interesting activities for travelers), images, SEO Writing, the client affirms that I would have to write around 24 posts like this at day, 3 per hour... I was thinking of charging him per hour, but he insists in that I give him a rate per post. Thank very much for your time. I apologize If this is not the right place for this kind of questions. 

asdasda.jpg

kochubei_valeria
Community Manager
Valeria K Community Manager Member Since: Mar 6, 2014
2 of 8
datasciencewonk
Community Guru
Kat C Member Since: Jul 11, 2016
3 of 8

That depends on the level of English fluency your client is expecting and if they have a strong editor in place to adjust the various grammatical issues I see in both your profile and post. 

lysis10
Community Guru
Jennifer M Member Since: May 17, 2015
4 of 8

He only charges $10 for 1000-1500 words. His clients just want junk anyway so it doesn't matter.

datasciencewonk
Community Guru
Kat C Member Since: Jul 11, 2016
5 of 8

@Jennifer M wrote:

He only charges $10 for 1000-1500 words. His clients just want junk anyway so it doesn't matter.

That was my first thought.

But, it sounds better coming from you than it does coming from me. 

tlsanders
Community Guru
Tiffany S Member Since: Jan 15, 2016
6 of 8

Everyone's rates are different, so it would be hard to tell you what you should charge--I'd charge $90-150 for the posts you're currently writing for $10. But, if you are happy with the hourly rate you're seeing based on that rate, then why not just figure out how much you'd earn on an hourly basis and then break it out by the number of posts you can write per hour?

Remember to take into account any research you have to do between posts, not just writing time. If it takes you three hours to write a 1,000 word post, that does not necessarily mean you can write ten 100-word posts in the same amount of time, especially if the subject matter shifts.

tlbp
Community Guru
Tonya P Member Since: Nov 26, 2015
7 of 8

Can you do 24 of those a day? I suppose if you plan to create 3 an hour, determine your hourly rate and go with that. No way would I sign up for that volume per day though. 

tlsanders
Community Guru
Tiffany S Member Since: Jan 15, 2016
8 of 8

@Tonya P wrote:

Can you do 24 of those a day? I suppose if you plan to create 3 an hour, determine your hourly rate and go with that. No way would I sign up for that volume per day though. 

I think it depends on the information source. Years ago, I did a project that involved writing short blurbs like that (bios) and the information was all provided. It was pretty easy to get through 6-8/hour since they were so short and there was no research involved.

TOP SOLUTION AUTHORS