cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

I am not getting any new job on Upwork

Highlighted
Imran K Member Since: Jan 22, 2020
1 of 23

I've been working on Upwork for the past 3 months. But no significant success has been achieved so far. I have applied to at least 50 jobs, of which I have only received 2 clients replies. Even I work hard when sending proposals. Tell the client that I do your job well. But still, no one gets the response. If anyone here in the Upwork community can guide me well and properly. Tell me how I can become a successful freelancer on Upwork. Thanks.

This is my Upwork profile link please visit and gives me some tips. Upwork Profile 

Highlighted
Bojan S Moderator Member Since: Mar 9, 2018
BEST ANSWER
2 of 23

Hi Imran,

I would recommend that you check out these articles from our Hiring Headquarters to help you create proposals that win jobs, and help you boost your career on Upwork: 

Good luck!

~ Bojan
Untitled

View solution in original post

Highlighted
3 of 23

Well thanks, Bojan S reply to my post.

Highlighted
Brenda L Member Since: Jul 8, 2020
4 of 23

Hi, I am very new to upwork. I signed on a while back, but I was working full time elsewhere. My current status has changed and I plan to be actively working online as much as possible. I just need some assistance. Do I put in information for payment when I do a job for someone? 

Thank you, 

Brenda Lappin

Highlighted
Community Guru
Nichola L Member Since: Mar 13, 2015
5 of 23

Brenda L wrote:

Hi, I am very new to upwork. I signed on a while back, but I was working full time elsewhere. My current status has changed and I plan to be actively working online as much as possible. I just need some assistance. Do I put in information for payment when I do a job for someone? 

Thank you, 

Brenda Lappin

Brenda, 

The only time you will get paid on Upwork, is if your client initiates an official Upwork contract either hourly (preferably tracked) or as a fixed price escrow funded job. If any client suggests other types of payment outside Upwork report them.

So - if a client wants to hire you ask them to set up the Upwork contract that you have both agreed to and you accept and get on with the job within the boundaries of the contract - hourly, fixed price,  pay, delivery date, etc. 

You should read all the help pages on Upwork starting here, and which will really help you through all the steps: https://community.upwork.com/t5/New-to-Upwork/Getting-Started-on-Upwork/m-p/264214#M2460

Highlighted
Community Guru
Jennifer R Member Since: Sep 15, 2017
6 of 23

Imran K wrote:

I've been working on Upwork for the past 3 months. But no significant success has been achieved so far. I have applied to at least 50 jobs, of which I have only received 2 clients replies. Even I work hard when sending proposals. Tell the client that I do your job well. But still, no one gets the response. If anyone here in the Upwork community can guide me well and properly. Tell me how I can become a successful freelancer on Upwork. Thanks.

This is my Upwork profile link please visit and gives me some tips. Upwork Profile 

Your English is not on the level of a native speaker therefore you should not offer to write in English.

Highlighted
Barb B Member Since: Jul 12, 2020
7 of 23
How does a writer receive the "native" designation?
Highlighted
Community Guru
Nichola L Member Since: Mar 13, 2015
8 of 23

Barb B wrote:
How does a writer receive the "native" designation.?

You should be able to edit it to native/bilingual under "languages". 

Highlighted
Talha R Member Since: Mar 26, 2020
9 of 23

Imran brother. Change your profile picture. Your writing is good. But it is your profile picture that is keeping you from getting jobs. Dress professionally, have a great smile and have some good background. I can't explain in detail. But profile picture has a lot to do with the achievement of jobs. 

Highlighted
10 of 23

Thank you very much, Talha R for giving me good tips on how I can improve my Upwork profile. And I would like to thank you for supporting me on this language-speaking topic.

TOP SOLUTION AUTHORS
TOP KUDOED MEMBERS