cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Re: I would like to never, ever translate another word ever again. EVER.

petra_r
Community Guru
Petra R Member Since: Aug 3, 2011
1 of 16

I have submitted the translation.

Yes. On time.

I

NEVER

Want

To

Translate

Another

Word.

Ever.

translator 1.jpg

(Yes, I just this second realised it is Monday evening, not Sunday. Someone stole a day. Where did my day go?)

colettelewis
Community Guru
Nichola L Member Since: Mar 13, 2015
2 of 16

I hope you charged treble.

petra_r
Community Guru
3 of 16

@Nichola L wrote:

I hope you charged treble.

Just my normal rate. None of this was the client's fault. The underlying problem is how I have a serious problem with saying "No, sorry,  I just don't have the bandwidth this week."

My brain screams it, but my fingers type "Sure! I can get a zillion words to you by XX.XX.2017!"

I have the loveliest clients. This is all 100% my own fault.

yitwail
Community Guru
John K Member Since: Feb 17, 2015
4 of 16

I wouldn't call my clients lovely, but I have a conundrum similar to yours, and can't do anything about it until I complete 2 projects that are in progress.

Nichola L Member Since: Mar 13, 2015
BEST ANSWER
5 of 16

Come clean. Tell them you need a bit more time. You are human - dammit.

View solution in original post

jolash
Community Guru
Oreofe J Member Since: May 8, 2015
6 of 16

RE:

------

Come clean. Tell them you need a bit more time. You are human - dammit.

------

Never. Freelancers are droids, aliens, predators, martians, bots, day/night walkers etc... anything but human - double dammit.

cherkasova-julia
Julia C Member Since: Apr 29, 2017
7 of 16

Sure, we are! And we can do incredible things. As example - I once wrote a nice (!!! client was very pleased) dissertation (!!!)  about the advertisement theory being enough far from this theme. The most amazing thing - it took me 12 hours.

Client gave me only some parts of non-unique texts and pare sheets of Word document of her own thoughts written with a terrible style. I sent her in the morning full text of completed dissertation and got a lot of money. Although my poor fingers ached about next two days.

petra_r
Community Guru
8 of 16

@Julia C wrote:

Sure, we are! And we can do incredible things. As example - I once wrote a nice (!!! client was very pleased) dissertation (!!!)  about the advertisement theory being enough far from this theme. The most amazing thing - it took me 12 hours.

Sorry, you actually wrote someone's DISSERTATION???

versailles
Community Guru
Rene K Member Since: Jul 10, 2014
9 of 16

@Petra R wrote:

Sorry, you actually wrote someone's DISSERTATION???

I wonder if she wrote it in English :-)

More seriously Petra, you have such rigid principles. You don't think it's OK for a person to translate into a language they barely speak, you think people shouldn't write dissertations for others, what's next? Prohibiting fake profiles?

Petra, Petra, tss, tss. 

:-)

-----------
"Where darkness shines like dazzling light"   —William Ashbless
petra_r
Community Guru
10 of 16

Rene K wrote:

More seriously Petra, you have such rigid principles. You don't think it's OK for a person to translate into a language they barely speak, you think people shouldn't write dissertations for others, what's next? Prohibiting fake profiles?

Petra, Petra, tss, tss. 

:-)

Yes, I clearly need to lighten up......

Smiley Wink