cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

I would like to never, ever translate another word ever again. EVER.

researchediting
Community Guru
Douglas Michael M Member Since: May 22, 2015
11 of 16

@Julia C wrote:

Sure, we are! And we can do incredible things. As example - I once wrote a nice (!!! client was very pleased) dissertation (!!!)  about the advertisement theory being enough far from this theme. The most amazing thing - it took me 12 hours.

Client gave me only some parts of non-unique texts and pare sheets of Word document of her own thoughts written with a terrible style. I sent her in the morning full text of completed dissertation and got a lot of money. Although my poor fingers ached about next two days.

Julia,

Whatever we think of academic fraud (hint: we disapprove), the job you describe violates Upwork's terms of service. If you performed this job via Upwork, the most amazing thing is that you're telling us about it.

Best,

Michael

reinierb
Community Guru
Reinier B Member Since: Nov 3, 2015
12 of 16

@Douglas Michael M wrote:

@Julia C wrote:

Sure, we are! And we can do incredible things. As example - I once wrote a nice (!!! client was very pleased) dissertation (!!!)  about the advertisement theory being enough far from this theme. The most amazing thing - it took me 12 hours.

Client gave me only some parts of non-unique texts and pare sheets of Word document of her own thoughts written with a terrible style. I sent her in the morning full text of completed dissertation and got a lot of money. Although my poor fingers ached about next two days.

Julia,

Whatever we think of academic fraud (hint: we disapprove), the job you describe violates Upwork's terms of service. If you performed this job via Upwork, the most amazing thing is that you're telling us about it.

Best,

Michael

It would be even more amazing if this client actually got awarded his degree, since he would likely have had to hire several more freelancers to help him defend it. Or perhaps the client just got someone else to do that on his behalf?

jolash
Community Guru
Oreofe J Member Since: May 8, 2015
13 of 16

Hi Michael,

[Thread Hijack Start]

Good to read from you (it's been a while). 

Hijacking a thread to give a shout out is one of my favourite pastimes.

Hope you do mind? Smiley Happy

[Thread Hijack End]

Regards.

petra_r
Community Guru
Petra R Member Since: Aug 3, 2011
14 of 16

@Oreofe J wrote:

Hi Michael,

[Thread Hijack Start]

[Thread Hijack End]

My thread, and I don't mind at all!

researchediting
Community Guru
Douglas Michael M Member Since: May 22, 2015
15 of 16
Thanks, Oreofe, and good to see you again!

Best,
MM
ravi_iitian
Community Guru
Ravindra B Member Since: Sep 27, 2015
16 of 16

@Oreofe J wrote:

Hi Michael,

[Thread Hijack Start]

[Thread Hijack End]

Regards. 

Oops! Hijacked the wrong plane, did you? Smiley Happy

"Certa bonum certamen"
TOP SOLUTION AUTHORS