🐈
» Groups » Writers & Translators » Forum » Re: Language filter for Translation work?
Page options
aalbaglii
Community Member

Language filter for Translation work?

I don't see an option to select a specific translation language.

I do English / Spanish translation... reading and manually filtering through all translation jobs for other languages is really time-consuming and honestly pointless as addinng a language filter upon one's translation category selection is not a big technical challenge for Upwork's developers.

Whenever I see a job for a language I don't translate on my feed I select "deosn't match my skillset"... yet Upwork's algorythm doesn't seem to be taking this feedback into account to filter future feed criteria.

Any ideas?

5 REPLIES 5
JoanneP

Hi Antonio,

You have the option to save your searches to make it easier for you to find projects that match your skills. You might want to check out this help article for more information. 

~ Joanne
Upwork

Joanne Marie P wrote:

Hi Antonio,

You have the option to save your searches to make it easier for you to find projects that match your skills. You might want to check out this help article for more information. 

It would be nice if we could search for our source and target languages. 50% of the job descriptions that I see are into my source languages.

Jennifer R wrote:

Joanne Marie P wrote:

Hi Antonio,

It would be nice if we could search for our source and target languages. 50% of the job descriptions that I see are into my source languages.

I don't hink Upwork knows the difference between source and target.Smiley Frustrated

Nichola L wrote:

Jennifer R wrote:

Joanne Marie P wrote:

Hi Antonio,

I don't hink Upwork knows the difference between source and target.Smiley Frustrated

They do when you try to create a project for the project catalog.

Jennifer R wrote:
Nichola L wrote:

Jennifer R wrote:

Joanne Marie P wrote:

Hi Antonio,

They do when you try to create a project for the project catalog.

That is interesting - but could you explain?   I am not trying to create a project. What do you mean by project catalog?