🐈
» Groups » Writers & Translators » Forum » Re: Long-term contract
Page options
sandra2886
Community Member

Long-term contract

Hello community, I have a question. I have three long-term clients, who send me orders regularly. But this isn’t shown in my stats. There are no long-term clients listed. Why? Can I put it to a long-term contract myself? Thank you for answering my question.
Greetings
5 REPLIES 5
flrgx
Community Member

From what I have experienced, a long term client is a result of a contract that continues for an extended period. You cannot stipulate that it is a long term project, it becomes so once you meed the requirements.

Here's how you can get a long term client.

**Edited for Community Guidelines**

VladimirG
Community Manager
Community Manager

Hi Sandra,

Thanks for reaching out to us. To clarify, clients you work with for at least three months in a past year and pay you regularly are your long-term clients. This could be over one or multiple contracts and could be hourly or fixed-price work.

I checked your contracts and one client you're working with is really close to qualifying as a long-term relationship. Keep up the good work and your stats should reflect the long-term status in a couple of weeks.

~ Vladimir
Upwork

Sandra, if the client's contract is open it should be reflected on your profile as "job in progress". Earnings on these contracts should be increasing with every 'job' you complete.

Have a look at the first 3 or 4 jobs on my profile; all are ongoing (open and active) contacts.

I can't help wondering if there's something peculiar about the way the Long Term Clients % is calculated.

For example, I've had times when I expected the figure to go down because I took on some new clients, but it didn't. It's also gone down at times when it seemed like it shouldn't. 

It's not a big deal, as I don't think the statistic itself has any effect, and anyway I'm satisfied that mine is over 50%. I'm just the sort of person who likes to understand why figures are what they are.

ETA. I've just had a thought. Probably the statistic is weighted by the earnings from each client. That would be reasonable, and it would make more sense of my observations.

Richard W wrote:

I can't help wondering if there's something peculiar about the way the Long Term Clients % is calculated.

For example, I've had times when I expected the figure to go down because I took on some new clients, but it didn't. It's also gone down at times when it seemed like it shouldn't. 

It's not a big deal, as I don't think the statistic itself has any effect, and anyway I'm satisfied that mine is over 50%. I'm just the sort of person who likes to understand why figures are what they are.

ETA. I've just had a thought. Probably the statistic is weighted by the earnings from each client. That would be reasonable, and it would make more sense of my observations.

I think there is an upper limit above which long-term contracts don't have an effect on JSS. I am guessing it is somewhere between 30 and 40 percent based solely on my experience. (So, an increase in LT clients from 20 to 30 percent can add a few points to your JSS, but an increase from 50 to 60 might not. I haven't had enough JSS or long-term client fluctuations in the past year to gain any more information.)