cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Long-term contract

Sandra R Member Since: Oct 2, 2018
1 of 6
Hello community, I have a question. I have three long-term clients, who send me orders regularly. But this isn’t shown in my stats. There are no long-term clients listed. Why? Can I put it to a long-term contract myself? Thank you for answering my question.
Greetings
Damon B Member Since: Apr 11, 2017
2 of 6

From what I have experienced, a long term client is a result of a contract that continues for an extended period. You cannot stipulate that it is a long term project, it becomes so once you meed the requirements.

Here's how you can get a long term client.

**Edited for Community Guidelines**

Vladimir G Moderator Member Since: Oct 31, 2014
3 of 6

Hi Sandra,

Thanks for reaching out to us. To clarify, clients you work with for at least three months in a past year and pay you regularly are your long-term clients. This could be over one or multiple contracts and could be hourly or fixed-price work.

I checked your contracts and one client you're working with is really close to qualifying as a long-term relationship. Keep up the good work and your stats should reflect the long-term status in a couple of weeks.

Community Guru
Wendy C Member Since: Aug 24, 2015
4 of 6

Sandra, if the client's contract is open it should be reflected on your profile as "job in progress". Earnings on these contracts should be increasing with every 'job' you complete.

Have a look at the first 3 or 4 jobs on my profile; all are ongoing (open and active) contacts.

Community Guru
Richard W Member Since: Jun 22, 2017
5 of 6

I can't help wondering if there's something peculiar about the way the Long Term Clients % is calculated.

For example, I've had times when I expected the figure to go down because I took on some new clients, but it didn't. It's also gone down at times when it seemed like it shouldn't. 

It's not a big deal, as I don't think the statistic itself has any effect, and anyway I'm satisfied that mine is over 50%. I'm just the sort of person who likes to understand why figures are what they are.

ETA. I've just had a thought. Probably the statistic is weighted by the earnings from each client. That would be reasonable, and it would make more sense of my observations.

Community Guru
Tonya P Member Since: Nov 26, 2015
6 of 6

Richard W wrote:

I can't help wondering if there's something peculiar about the way the Long Term Clients % is calculated.

For example, I've had times when I expected the figure to go down because I took on some new clients, but it didn't. It's also gone down at times when it seemed like it shouldn't. 

It's not a big deal, as I don't think the statistic itself has any effect, and anyway I'm satisfied that mine is over 50%. I'm just the sort of person who likes to understand why figures are what they are.

ETA. I've just had a thought. Probably the statistic is weighted by the earnings from each client. That would be reasonable, and it would make more sense of my observations.

I think there is an upper limit above which long-term contracts don't have an effect on JSS. I am guessing it is somewhere between 30 and 40 percent based solely on my experience. (So, an increase in LT clients from 20 to 30 percent can add a few points to your JSS, but an increase from 50 to 60 might not. I haven't had enough JSS or long-term client fluctuations in the past year to gain any more information.)

TOP SOLUTION AUTHORS
TOP KUDOED MEMBERS