🐈
» Groups » Writers & Translators » Forum » Re: My profile
Page options
27ac784e
Community Member

My profile

I am a native English speaker, born in the UK and living in Canada, who is an English and linguistics grad. Sometimes I see job postings which show that I don't meet the requirements because I am not a native speaker, or because I am not fluent in English, which seems crazy! Could this be because I list myself as a teacher of English as a second language? Any suggestions out there as to how I can stop this happening?

ACCEPTED SOLUTION
martina_plaschka
Community Member

@Lesley H wrote:

I am a native English speaker, born in the UK and living in Canada, who is an English and linguistics grad. Sometimes I see job postings which show that I don't meet the requirements because I am not a native speaker, or because I am not fluent in English, which seems crazy! Could this be because I list myself as a teacher of English as a second language? Any suggestions out there as to how I can stop this happening?

Not crazy, you forgot to add English as your language and set the level. 

View solution in original post

3 REPLIES 3
researchediting
Community Member

You can set your own language level in your profile as "native or bilingual." There is no verification process.

martina_plaschka
Community Member

@Lesley H wrote:

Not crazy, you forgot to add English as your language and set the level. 

jr-translation
Community Member

@Lesley H wrote:

Add English to the list of languages and check your profile for typos Smiley Wink