🐈
» Groups » Writers & Translators » Forum » Name isn't on blog post, but I want to put it...
Page options
ruth_bowles
Community Member

Name isn't on blog post, but I want to put it in my portfolio

Just to start: THIS ISN'T GHOSTWRITING.

Okay, so I wanted to use a blog post I wrote for a client in my portfolio. I initially created the post, so it had my WP profile name on it. But it was decided to move posts around by the man taking care of the technical SEO side of things, and now it has HIS name on it.

Would it still cause crazy issues if I put it in my portfolio? I don't want clients asking me why "John" is the author of the post. The name changed only because he moved the post to a different, but still related site.

Should I ask if it's alright to repost with my name on it? Or do you think it would be fine to just leave it?

ACCEPTED SOLUTION
tlsanders
Community Member

Ruth, I've encountered this situation in the past. What I've done is simply note that the piece was originally posted under my name, and that X person at Y company can verify authorship. Of course, I cleared that with "X person" first, but no one has ever questioned it or actually contacted him to verify.

View solution in original post

2 REPLIES 2
tlsanders
Community Member

Ruth, I've encountered this situation in the past. What I've done is simply note that the piece was originally posted under my name, and that X person at Y company can verify authorship. Of course, I cleared that with "X person" first, but no one has ever questioned it or actually contacted him to verify.

Thanks Tiffany, 

That was kind of the answer I was expecting, but I wanted to be sure.  With all of the experience in the forums, I figured "Why not ask?".