Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Need some feedback on my Profile from a Guru

Community Leader
Iman K Member Since: Jan 30, 2017
1 of 19

Dear All,

I am brand new at Upwork and kindly asking if any freelancer writer guru could review my profile and give some feedback. That would be great, as I need to surpass the hurdle of getting my first job. I did a lot of work on my profile today and would love to hear from you any suggestions to get it even better. Thanks a million. With my warmest regards. Iman

Community Leader
2 of 19

Dear All, 

is there some guru at upwork that has a similar profile of project management and creative writing that would be able to view my profile and give some feedback as a mentor? I would like to surpass the hurdle of the first job and I would love to refine my profile the best I can, as I am planning to be long term on Upworks. Thanks a million. With much love and warmness. Iman

Community Guru
Carlos L Member Since: Apr 24, 2016
3 of 19

Dear one,

it is just a valuable guru of here that suggests you to take a pair of tests for better checking of your skills, and try to maintain profile completeness to 100% always.

Community Leader
4 of 19

Thank you for this swift reply. Which tests would you suggest if you kindly had the chance to review my profile? All the best. Iman

Community Guru
Carlos L Member Since: Apr 24, 2016
5 of 19

The more known and maybe advisable, considering your situation, are the Creative Writing,  I  mean always some tests is better, although you have a strong profile. So I could advise to take grammar test, sentence structure of the language you are willing to write.

Community Leader
6 of 19

Thank you Carlos for your suggestions. I will give attention to the tests in the coming days. With all my warm regards. Iman

Community Guru
Virginia F Member Since: Feb 15, 2016
7 of 19

Iman,

Under Job Skill Discussions there is a writer's forum. You may want to move your post to that forum for better input, though many other writers will see your question here as well.

Community Leader
8 of 19

Thank you so much Virginia for your suggestion. I just did Smiley Happy All the best for you. Iman

Community Guru
Reinier B Member Since: Nov 3, 2015
9 of 19

@Iman K wrote:

Dear All,

I am brand new at Upwork and kindly asking if any freelancer writer guru could review my profile and give some feedback. That would be great, as I need to surpass the hurdle of getting my first job. I did a lot of work on my profile today and would love to hear from you any suggestions to get it even better. Thanks a million. With my warmest regards. Iman

I may not be a guru, but it seems that two diferent people wrote your profile overview, and the Nomad's Home portfolio piece. Did two different people write them?

Community Leader
10 of 19

Dear Reinier,

thank you so much for your swift response. You mean the article wrote in Feminist Africa? I wrote the article, but someone else edited it. So what you mean like chalk and cheese? I have different writing styles adapted to the subject. Do you suggest to remove the Nomad's Home article? Best. Iman

TOP SOLUTION AUTHORS
TOP KUDOED MEMBERS