cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Re: No response: What do you do when your client does not respond to work submitted?

Community Leader
Nick B Member Since: Sep 11, 2015
11 of 17

Not a lot you can do. 

I had a recent case where a client actually deposited a very large amount in escrow, we were all set to go and ... nothing. 

I eventually closed the job. I can only assume some personal matter or a change of mind. 

It does happen. 

Highlighted
Ace Contributor
Aditi J Member Since: Jul 28, 2015
12 of 17

Two weeks have passed since this thread started. Did the issue get resolved?

Ace Contributor
Sally W Member Since: Nov 25, 2016
13 of 17
Yes client's family member was hospitalized. We are now in contact again.
Annemarie S Member Since: Apr 27, 2016
14 of 17

I am dealing with this exact same thing. Have no idea what to do.

Community Guru
Tiffany S Member Since: Jan 15, 2016
BEST ANSWER
15 of 17

Annemarie, as others advised Sally above, if the milestone was funded and you used the "submit" button, you don't have to do a thing. The client has 14 days in which to request revisions. If that doesn't happen, the funds will automatically be released.

Ace Contributor
Sally W Member Since: Nov 25, 2016
16 of 17

Thanks for your reply, Tiffany. Does this happen to you very often (generally or to you?  -Sally

Community Guru
Tiffany S Member Since: Jan 15, 2016
17 of 17

Not often--I'd say maybe somewhere between one in five and one in ten clients never approves the final milestone. Of course, if it's milestone 2 of 4 (or whatever) I have to point out that I need them to set up the next milestone before we move forward, which necessitates approving the prior milestone. But, if it happens at the end of the project or in an ongoing project that doesn't yet have a next step, I just wait it out and it gets approved in 14 days. I've heard a few freelancers say that they've received revision requests on day 12 or 13, but that's never happened to me. Clients generally either approve within the first day or two or the milestone auto-approves.

TOP SOLUTION AUTHORS