Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Re: Offers Services that Violate e-mail

Brij V Member Since: Oct 17, 2016
11 of 20

Hi Jennifer,

Thanks for replying.

Well, I did not do that. I created another profile 5-6 hours AFTER I was sent the e-mail. What happened is that I have not been active for quite a while-3-4 months. And I finished my profile and submitted it.

About 25-30 minutes later I get this generic e-mail from some Ann or something from the Safety and Trust team saying that I have broken some policy. I have asked for clarification as to what policy I have broken, but no word so far. I'm guessing it is some sort of a mistake, or a twitchy finger on the part of this Ann.

Highlighted
12 of 20

Hi Jennifer-I was not suspended. I deleted the old profile myself. 

With the new profile-same info as before, I am not doing anything with it. Just watching quite a few movies I need to catch up on to get the soical references.

Community Guru
Jennifer D Member Since: Feb 15, 2016
13 of 20

Okay, well, regardless of whether you did it before or after your original profile was suspended, you still can't do it I'm pretty sure. Maybe a mod can jump in and provide more info about your case.

14 of 20

Hey Jen,

It was not suspended. I deleted it myself.

Please see what I have written above. And yes, I hope some mods checks into this and lets me know what mistake I made in my profile. It seems someone has been reading Kafka and wanting to trying out his ideas on UpWork.

15 of 20

I don't mean you have been reading Kafka Jennifer. But someone on the UpWork team.

Community Guru
16 of 20

Yep, I get that Brij, but I think you're still not getting my point. It doesn't matter *when* or *why* you created a second profile. It doesn't matter if the profile was new and you just decided you didn't like it. It doesn't matter if it's 5 years old and you just decided you want to offer a different service. (Not saying either of those reasons are your reasons, just trying to illustrate that there could be multiple reasons someone may want to do it.) You can't have more than one profile, as per the ToS:

3.2 ACCOUNT REGISTRATION; PROFILE

...You agree not to register for more than one Client Account and one Freelancer Account without express written permission from us (except that you may register as an Agency Member of other Accounts as provided below). ...

Regardless, looking at your *current* profile I can't see any reason why they might have thought you were violating their academic fraud rules. I suspect that it's as Kat thought - that they were just a bit trigger happy and didn't realise you're offering purely editing services. I doubt any of the are running a Kafkaesque scheme on you Smiley Wink I flagged the thread for a mod to drop in to offer assistance. 

17 of 20

Hey Jen,

Thanks.

I'm afraid you will have to excuse me for my "not getting it" blunders. I'm pretty inept when it comes to anything social.

But I deleted the old one. Why would it still be on?

Oh, do you think I should delete the new one I put on?

Thanks

Brij

18 of 20

After I deleted my profile, some people answered my question. I was embarrassed that I couldn't answer them back, which is why I created the new profile.

Community Guru
19 of 20

If you check the terms of use I quoted, Brij, you'll see that it's referring to *registering* for more than one profile. It doesn't matter whether your first one is active or not, or why you wanted to remove it. You're still *registering* a new one. The mods *may* decide to let it go because you did remove the old one. Or they may tell you that you must use your original one and can't use the new one. Until one of them shows up, we won't know what the official Upwork decision is.

20 of 20

Ok, thanks Jen.

Let's see what happens, I suppose. Don't particularly need it-just giving it a shot after 3-4 months. Business has been a bit slow.

Like I said, it seems as if someone had an itchy finger. Who must be sleeping well becasue she has been ignorant of what she has done.

TOP KUDOED MEMBERS