🐈
» Groups » Writers & Translators » Forum » Please Introduce Yourself!
Page options
d415060d
Community Member

Please Introduce Yourself!

Hello Everyone! 

This thread is here so you can introduce yourself to your fellow Community members!

You are encouraged to add some details on:

• what you're looking to achieve with joining this Community​, 
  • what you'd love to learn from other ​freelancers, or 
  • what business processes you've got figured out!

Tell us a little bit about yourself below!

745 REPLIES 745
5ea11039
Community Member

Hello, i am Esther Godgift, from Nigeria, Bayelsa Yenagoa,i am so super excited to be among one of the upwork member and also i am a so happy to meet professional freelancer, i am still development, and I'm hoping to learn more of the skills,and also hoping to get new projects

43a74206
Community Member

Hello 

My name is precious what I want to achieve is to get more client

2d28b203
Community Member

Hi, I'm Argelia Salmon. I'm a legal assistant, and I have a deep passion for writing and reading. I'm excited to join this community because I believe it's a great place to connect with like-minded individuals and learn from other freelancers.
I'm looking to achieve several things by being a part of this community. First, I want to expand my professional network and build connections with fellow freelancers, writers, and legal professionals. Networking can open up doors for collaboration and new opportunities.
Additionally, I'm eager to enhance my skills. I believe that by engaging with other community members, I can gain fresh insights and perspectives that will help me excel both in the legal field and in my writing endeavors.
If you have any advice or tips to share on how to balance a legal assistant role with a writing passion, I'm all ears. I'm also interested in learning more about legal writing and the legal profession to further advance in my career.
On the business side of things, I'm keen to understand how to grow my freelance client base and effectively market my services. Any insights on that front would be highly appreciated.
As for what I can bring to the table, I've got a strong foundation in legal research, document preparation, and time management. I'd be more than happy to share my experiences and help others in the community.
Let's engage in discussions, ask questions, and share our knowledge. I'm here to learn, grow, and connect with all of you. If you have specific questions or topics you'd like to delve into, please feel free to reach out. Together, we can help each other succeed!

2be3f4e4
Community Member

I've done writing and proofreading my entire professional life.  I was trained in the legal field, first as a paralegal, and as an aside,  a court reporter.  I've done mostly legal and medical writing during my 25-plus years career.  I worked in personal injury litigation and corporate law.  I also write recreationally for my own pleasure, and write classroom materials for seminary classes, too.  I would rather read than eat or sleep, so I ought to make it something I get paid to do.  Personally, I am horrified at the errors I see in just about every e-book, and even in some printed books I read: wrong words, misspellings, wrong grammar usage, and jacked up syntax. Hire me to make it stop!  I'm looking to get this new venture started immediately!

Tammy Scott

It's wonderful to hear about your enthusiasm for writing, editing, and
proofreading! Your extensive experience in medical and legal writing is a
valuable asset. If you're looking to connect with like-minded individuals
or potential clients, consider sharing your skills and experiences on
forums, freelance platforms, or social media related to writing and
editing. Building a network can open doors for your career. Starting a
cottage publishing house sounds like an exciting long-term goal. Keep
pursuing your passion, and you might just set the world on fire with your
expertise and dedication! If

# Dear Kudos,
I am new in this field. Just have training open up and sign in. But how to
do work could not understand. If I get some examples and practice, it will
make good sense at all.
Looking forward to your anticipation.

Regards
Akhlaqur Rahman

Dear Akhlaqur Rahmam.  

I hope this message finds you well. Welcome to the field,just like you, i am new to this. thank you for reaching out for guidance on how to get started and understand the basics. I'm here to learm and improve my self with each other guidance..
First and foremost, congratulations on completing your training and successfully opening your account..
In the meantime, I recommend the following general steps to help you get started:
Identify Your Area of Interest: Determine the specific aspect of your field that you want to focus on. This will help narrow down your learning and practice.
Explore Learning Resources: Look for online courses, tutorials, and articles related to your chosen field. .
Practice with Examples: Once you've gathered some theoretical knowledge, start practicing with examples. This hands-on experience is invaluable in understanding the practical aspects of your field.
Seek Guidance and Mentorship: If possible, connect with experienced professionals in your field. They can provide valuable insights, answer your questions, and offer guidance based on their own experiences.
Keep Learning: The field you've entered is likely to be dynamic and constantly evolving. Stay updated by reading industry news, research, and following thought leaders in your area..
Argelia Salmon

Hello Akhlaqur Rahman,

I understand that getting started in a new field can be challenging,
especially when you're just beginning your transcription work. To help you
understand the process better and gain practical experience, here are some
steps you can take:

1. **Online Transcription Platforms:** You mentioned you've signed up on a
transcription platform. Explore the platform thoroughly, read their
guidelines, and try to find sample audio files or test assignments they may
offer for practice.

2. **Transcription Guidelines:** Most transcription platforms provide
guidelines on formatting, time stamps, speaker identification, and other
important aspects of the work. Familiarize yourself with these guidelines.

3. **Transcription Samples:** If you can't find practice assignments on the
platform, consider looking for publicly available audio or video content to
transcribe. YouTube videos, podcasts, and TED Talks are good sources for
practice.

4. **Transcription Software:** Download and use transcription software, if
not provided by the platform, to make your work more efficient. This
software often includes features like hotkeys for controlling playback.

5. **Typing Practice:** If you feel that your typing speed or accuracy
needs improvement, spend some time practicing typing regularly. There are
online typing courses and exercises available to help.

6. **Quality Over Speed:** When starting out, focus on accuracy rather than
speed. Transcription work requires attention to detail.

7. **Ask Questions:** Don't hesitate to reach out to the platform's support
or community forums if you have questions or need guidance on specific
aspects of transcription.

Remember, transcription is a skill that improves with practice. The more
you transcribe, the more comfortable and proficient you'll become. Best of
luck with your transcription journey, and feel free to reach out if you
have more questions.

Best regards,

[Name Fatima ajmal]

---

Feel free to modify this responsible
3a22c85e
Community Member

Hi,

Greetings from Bangladesh! 

I'm new here, love content writing,  would love to share my experience, eager to learn and want to build myself as a freelance content writer. 

Thanks 

0379b6ce
Community Member

Hi everyone,l'm called Maureen and I'm not quitter.Many writers started their journey and gave up on themselves.

Must say,l am guilty in my past of giving up on God given talent but now back and hope to make it big.l have always shyed away including walking away from an opportunity to present on TV and radio.l have done everything different trying to run away from audiences but alas no choice,only one way to make money,talent.

Don't give up. You may reward soon.

Community Member

Hello everyone,

My name is Barkatou, I'm here as proofreader/editor and french voice-over. I hope to learn from you all how to (1) highlight my skills in proofreading and voice-over for french audiobooks, (2) obtain recommandations, (3) land contratcts that allow me to prove myself here, (4) gain experience on this amazing plateform.

A good frien heard about this plateform and recommended it to me so that I could highlight this under-exploited part of my skills.

King regards

2d28b203
Community Member

Receive a cordial greeting.I am happy to write to you, in order to share my availability within your companies, as soon as vacancies are available according to my profile..In this sense, I must inform you that I have extensive experience and knowledge in the area for which I specialized. My studies were in Law and Political Sciences, carried out at the Universidad Santa Maria de Panama and the Universidad Latina. I also have a course of studies in the United States, in the field of Administration. of conflicts. Apart from them, I also have extensive experience in the field of Customer Service in English and Spanish. I consider myself capable and apt to be able to keep up with the demands of the Institution and I firmly believe that together we can grow and advance. Your attention in advance.

75bf8c95
Community Member

Hello everyone!

I've just started working with UpWork, I've been familiarizing myself with the platform and hope to get to know it thoroughly. My interest is in writing. I have been a teacher of Social Sciences and History.

I am Colombian. Now I live in Medellin but I was working with indigenous communities, there in addition to working as a teacher of indigenous teachers in the area of Mathematics and Spanish, I lived the war and its harmful consequences for the communities. I have written historical chronicles (unpublished), stories and tales based on political events in my country. I learned that the arduous road to peace begins in the heart of each one of us.

Since childhood, reading and writing have been my passions. My goal is to apply these knowledge and life skills to help clients on Upwork.

I would love to have more experienced freelancers guide me on the path I have just embarked on, to learn from them how to make scripts or texts that clients will love and that they will feel that my work is excellent.

I have a feeling that UpWork is my new home and I look forward to meeting many "neighbours". I see that there are real opportunities to make clients that will allow me to fill my life with new experiences and knowledge.

Thanks for reading me,

891b5ec6
Community Member

Hi all,

I'm Shibghatullah Muhammady, a Ph.D. graduate in Physics and a Postdoctoral Researcher. I am currently located in Japan. I am also a proofreader with a strong command of the English language and exceptional proofreading skills. My experience on Upwork and my track record in reviewing scientific manuscripts demonstrate my proficiency.

I am hoping to learn about how to be successful in a freelance career, mainly on the Upwork platform. I am inspired by Professors and Scientists around the world showing struggle and durability while achieving excellent outputs. I am inspired by outstanding Upwork freelancers proving excellence based on their achievements.

Please do not hesitate to reply to say hello or have a discussion.

3eefc90f70da86d4
Community Member

Hello and welcome to my Upwork page!

As a fresh face in the freelancing world, I am thrilled to embark on this journey where skill meets opportunity. My decision to join this vibrant community is fueled by a passion for growth and a commitment to excellence. I am here not only to offer my unique talents but also to weave myself into the rich tapestry of collaboration and innovation that Upwork is known for.

What I am looking to achieve is twofold: to build a robust portfolio that reflects the quality and dedication I bring to my work, and to forge meaningful connections that transcend mere transactions. I believe that every project is a two-way street, where I can deliver exceptional results while continuously honing my skills through the diverse experiences this platform offers.

I am particularly eager to learn from seasoned freelancers who have navigated the ebbs and flows of this dynamic field. Their insights on maintaining a steady stream of clients, balancing multiple projects, and ensuring client satisfaction are invaluable to me. I am all ears for tips on personal branding, time management, and the nuanced art of communication that sets great freelancers apart.

On the flip side, I come prepared with a suite of business processes that I've refined over time. Efficiency is my main goal, and I've developed a systematic approach to project management that ensures transparency, accountability, and quality. From the initial proposal to the final deliverable, I have systems in place to keep everything running like clockwork.

I am excited to start this journey, contribute my skills, and immerse myself in the learning opportunities that Upwork provides. Let's connect and create something remarkable together!

859c919d
Community Member

Good Evening World.  My name is Hope.  I am new to freelancing and new to editing/proofreading.  I have working in local government for many years,  I have written technical documents and have edited same..  I also read anything I can get my hands own.  I would like to make this career move to give me the opportunity to merge a skill I have in writing/editing with the love of reading.    I would love feedback and advice that any one is willing to share with me.

I plan on starting slowly since I am still employed full time, but eventually, I would like this to be my "mad" money.

Hope

33a6726d
Community Member

Hello everyone, 

My name is Rita and I'm happy to be amongs you to learn and gain more knowledge  about freelance.. I am new but looking forward to a positive change is my goal. 

c9bb98ef
Community Member

Thanks for this very relevant information, myself I am new here, still
haven’t gotten any project yet, but I look forward to more positive
encounters. Thanks!

83487c00
Community Member

Hello everyone,

I'm finally joining the community! I've been freelancing on UW for 1.5 years, mainly doing proofreading and French translation work. I hope to gain more knowledge from this community and get inspired. I haven't really been taking freelancing seriously up until now, but I'm read to change that.

Greetings

489a58fe
Community Member

Hello Bethany C

Hello everyone. I am new to Upwork. I would love to learn all the tricks of freelance writing from those who have been at it for long. I haven't gotten any job yet but am hopeful as I continue refining myself.

I would also like to get to know other writers and work with them whenever possible 

c2dfee4b
Community Member

Hey guys! Harsh here!

I'm new here at Upwork (obviously), and is seeking guidance on how to go on about being a writer. I'm a pretty curious guy, like sometimes a bit too curious even, so I'm willing to work on almost any kind of topic or project. If it's something completely new to me, given time, I'm ready to do my reasearch and take up the work and help out the client. But thats it. I know I can do stuff, but just don't know how to go forward from there on. I'm just a bit lost let's say. So any advice would be great!

And to be a bit more specific with the topics I can write on, my expertise is in or was in the F&B industry. But I'd like to get into Motorsports, (mostly Formula One, budding racing driver here!), music, and the tech industry. And the projects I can take up are things like, website content writing, copywriting, article and blog writing, cover letter, and yeah, it can go on really. But that's just some from the top of my head. And to go back to Formula One, I can literally write anything on it. I'm an absolute geek when it comes to F1. And motorsports in general. Racing is life for me. So yeah, again, all kinds of advice would be great!

Thanks and have a great day! (or a great evening)

8c5e92d7
Community Member

Hello Everyone!  My name is Brenda W and I am very new, but I feel that joining UpWork is a great decision.  I am an English/language arts instructor by trade, but I am also very interested in copy editing also.  I realized that I pick up on mistakes in print material, (including lesson keys) that I could assist with clarity in written and spoken projects.  I cringe every time I see or hear a commercial misusing "less and fewer."  If I can be of help to anybody, just ask and I look forward to working with all of you!

f83b0be5
Community Member

Hello there! :glowing_star:My name is Timothy Allen! I'm a dedicated content writer hailing from the vibrant island of Jamaica. Specializing in crafting engaging articles, and blog. I'm excited about joining this team to enrich my knowledge and skills. Eager to navigate the freelance world on platforms like Upwork, I hope to absorb valuable insights from fellow members. My inspiration stems from those who fearlessly embrace creativity and innovation. Looking forward to contributing my passion and learning from this diverse community. Let's embark on this journey together! :rocket: #NewBeginnings

05a2ab3b
Community Member

Hi everyone I am fraz i join this team today and I am willing to do my best work.i like to do writing work which is also my hobby.

901ecc35
Community Member

Hello!

I am Ritesh Kr. Ojha, a highly motivated and detail-oriented freelancer with a proven track record of delivering high-quality results across various projects. With several  years of experience in Finance, taxation and Legal, I bring a unique blend of skills and expertise to every job.

I specialize in providing consultancy in the field of Finance, taxation and Legal , ensuring that each project is completed with precision and meets the highest standards. My commitment to excellence has allowed me to build lasting relationships with clients who appreciate my dedication to delivering exceptional work.

I am excited about the opportunity to contribute to any project's success. Feel free to reach out, and let's discuss how I can help you achieve your goals.

Thank you for providing me the opportunity to introduce myself. I look forward to the possibility of working together on any projects if I get the chance.

Best regards,

Ritesh Kr. Ojha

India

97f9e885
Community Member

Hello... My name Andienz, I am new Comer on Upwork. I am looking for side jobs, but 3 times trapped on scam jobs. Could you shared to me some job???

639ae34f
Community Member

Hello, my dear writing fellow!
This is Shafiq Saiq aka Sheekupedia from Punjab Pakistan. 
I write SEO-optimised blogs for website/business owners.
Written over 250+ blogs for 65+ clients in the past 2.5 years. 
I hope you are having a good week. 
Please tell me about yourself. 

hello my name is muhammad usman from lahore pakistan .i have no contents
and no project .i am good in writing ,data entry,copy paste every type of
online working
f97bf9c7
Community Member

Good evening everyone, I am a new member to upwork and joined the community to connect with other freelancers. I am looking forward to share experiences and ideas.

302b29a7
Community Member

My name is Walid and I am an expert and professional in translation 

7a005542
Community Member

Hi Everyone!

My name is Mercy, I am a medical writer and translator! I have experience in health/medical research writing, translation and publication. Please free feel to reach out to me with this atumercy123@gmail.com for collaboration and writing projects.

I am mental health coach too, I can help you relieve stress and anxiety by hitting me up for a 30-min couselling. I love to write, talk to people and learn too

I am glad to  be meet you all

f4c7b1f1
Community Member

Nicole and I've worked predominantly in Data and transcribing forthe last 10 years. I also have experience in financial management. On a deeper note I'm actually a pretty funny person and I like to keep it light around the  office. I'm easy to communicate with and I work quickly and efficiently.

7739424b
Community Member

hello, introduce i'm home mom who have passion as remote workers in upworks, could u teach me how to get client. thank you

f17702f6
Community Member

Good day everyone. My name is Queen and I'm new here. I look forward to getting a job soon. More so I'm happy to be here 

992ed7e3
Community Member

Hello all members!

I hope you are all having a nice day.

My name is M. Dilshad. I am new on upwork I have experience on amaozn, ebay and walmart. Before joining upwork I was working with an company I leave it due to less money. 

Now, I want my own client I will happy assist them. I have applied for 6 jobs but not hair back from any one. now my connects has been lose. 

What i need to do to getting clients please suggest me. and i new i am new and have not rating anyone how can trust on me. any one help me here who help me.

Feel free to ask if you have any questions. Thank you

Kind Regards,

M. Dilshad 

4bc7eb5e
Community Member

Greetings!

I'm Isaac. My expertise include translation, writing, project management and data analytics. I'm here to work and learn.  Thanks

nilavro
Community Member

Want to work with content writers and agencies

I started using Upwork (oDesk) in 2012. Initially, I got hired for some WordPress fixing jobs and got good reviews. Then, I started working for local newspapers and didn’t continue on Upwork. After a gap of almost a decade, I returned to the platform. Many things have changed. The number of bids on a job skyrocketed. And I also decided to shift my focus from WordPress to being a content writer and translator. I tried to update my profile to reflect that change.

Here is my profile. Please take a look and let me know if I am good to go.

Also, I am looking for opportunities to work with other content writers and agencies. Here are some of the services I am currently providing.

• Content writing (web content, blog posts, ebook, etc.)
  • Bengali-English-Bengali translation

Let’s have a chat if you have any leads!

65027bf7
Community Member

I am a university lecuturer from ethiopia, I have MSc in computer networks and communication, I want to achive an upwork experiance.As a beginner, I started my first work on upwork with audio transcription LOFT 2.0, If their is similar projects regarding translation, transcription and voice over you can contact me

Do u have a PayPal link as in right now