🐈
» Groups » Writers & Translators » Forum » Problematic Client
Page options
amusawale
Community Member

Problematic Client

Hi. So I got a client who wanted her work edited. I read through it but it was so badly written that I realized that I would essentially be rewriting. I said as much to the client and she asked me to rewrite. Which I did. 

Now after she read it, she decided that she needed to remove half of the book because it talks about someone else. So I delete half the book.

Then she says, I need to remove all mention of my family. Now the book is about her and her family and being a mistress so I don't know how to remove her family and still have some book left.

So now she accuses me of I don't even know what. Writing an unwritable book. What should I do because I don't want her to give me a bad review and spoil my upwork status. 

1 REPLY 1
tlsanders
Community Member

There is nothing you can do to avoid negative feedback at this point. You can issue a full refund, in which case the client won't be able to leave you public feedback, but she'll still be able to leave private feedback and that will impact your JSS. 

That said...you have 30 jobs and 100% JSS. One bad review isn't going to kill you. Your JSS will take a dip, life will go on, you'll get more reviews and it will stabilize.