🐈
» Groups » Writers & Translators » Forum » Proposal
Page options
7248e2f3
Community Member

Proposal

What is the status of the proposal when it shows in the notification that project is initiated?

Have I got it or the client dismiss my bid?

ACCEPTED SOLUTION
researchediting
Community Member

"Project is initiated" is not a thing on Upwork.[*] We know that we have been hired when we have received an offer, accepted it, and Upwork notifies us that the "contract has started."

[* edit: A colleague tells me that "project is initiated" may be Upwork language used with Project Catalog jobs. If so, my previous response was inaccurate by omission.]

View solution in original post

3 REPLIES 3
759e32fa

Hi Hira,

Thank you for reaching out. You will only receive a notification when the client responds to your proposal. If you want to check whether the clients have viewed your proposal, you can go to this page. You'll see an icon like this one beside the job listing title:

759e32fa_0-1685202346620.png

~ AJ
Upwork
researchediting
Community Member

"Project is initiated" is not a thing on Upwork.[*] We know that we have been hired when we have received an offer, accepted it, and Upwork notifies us that the "contract has started."

[* edit: A colleague tells me that "project is initiated" may be Upwork language used with Project Catalog jobs. If so, my previous response was inaccurate by omission.]

7248e2f3
Community Member

Thanks everybody!