cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Scam

Highlighted
Aida S Member Since: Mar 17, 2020
11 of 15

I just got an offer by someone named Jerry Fischer and the interview was via telegram with someone named Albert Edward. I looked up both of them and no where to be found. I called Barnes and Nobles and they don't exist. 

Highlighted
Joanne Marie P Moderator Member Since: Nov 26, 2017
12 of 15

Hi Aida, 

I checked, and I was able to locate the contract you are referring to. I can confirm that our team has already removed the job and taken action against the client following our internal process. You can read more on this help article and also, please check out Tips to avoid questionable jobs

-Joanne
Untitled
Highlighted
Community Guru
Wendy C Member Since: Aug 24, 2015
13 of 15

It seems that all mention of Telegram is as much as a red flag for SCAM as Google Hangout.

Highlighted
Carly M Member Since: Sep 28, 2020
14 of 15

Just wanted to let you know that I was contacted with a job from **Edited for community guidelines** and an interview through Telegram, so it might still be out there.

Highlighted
Bojan S Moderator Member Since: Mar 9, 2018
15 of 15

Hi Carly,

Thanks for flagging this job to us. I've checked and confirmed that the job has already been taken down because it was in violation of Upwork TOS and action has been taken on the client account. 

Please check this help article for more information on how to use the flag option found on each job post or message to report any suspicious or inappropriate content. Also, check out this post for more tips on how to avoid questionable jobs.

~ Bojan
Untitled