cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Should I report this person?

Ace Contributor
ILANNA M Member Since: Jun 29, 2014
1 of 10

I honestly don't know what to do here as this is a new situation to me. I have negotiated for two weeks in good faith with a client. Several times she said she wanted to hire me, but each time I said that was fine and I would wait for her to post the project, she came back with more questions. Then today she said she wanted to hire me to write the outline for the book and then write the book. I told her I was busy with another client but would be happy to do it tomorrow. She got upset and said she was busy too. 

Now, she's still sending me messages saying she wants to hire me, but never does. I told her to stop doing this to me and she keeps messaging me multiple messages over and over about how she's unsusre and doesn't know what to do. 

Today, I think she was hinting at me writing the outline for free because when I asked about posting the job already she backed off yet again. 

Any thoughts or advice? 

Thanks!

Community Guru
Rene K Member Since: Jul 10, 2014
2 of 10

I would block her. You can do this in the messages. It is obvious that she has no intentions to hire you at all. She probably wants to get some free advice or work from you.

Block her and forget her.

-----------
"Where darkness shines like dazzling light"   —William Ashbless
Ace Contributor
3 of 10

Thanks, Rene; I needed to hear that. 

Community Guru
Maria A Member Since: Apr 6, 2016
4 of 10

Don't bother pursuing this person for work. At this point there have been too many red flags. I would politely tell her to stop messaging you and wish her luck in the future.

Ace Contributor
5 of 10

She just sent the most horrible message and said she hired another writer because that writer was willing to purchase the three books she wanted me to read and I wasn't. She was angry because I said she would have to pay for that. And she was annoyed that I wasn't willing to travel and stay with her. Yikes! I think she should be reported. 

Community Guru
Rene K Member Since: Jul 10, 2014
6 of 10

@ILANNA M wrote:

And she was annoyed that I wasn't willing to travel and stay with her. 

Lol. I wonder what kind of book she had in mind.

-----------
"Where darkness shines like dazzling light"   —William Ashbless
Ace Contributor
7 of 10

She clearly asked for free work and Ihave reported her. 

Community Guru
Jennifer M Member Since: May 17, 2015
8 of 10

@Rene K wrote:

Lol. I wonder what kind of book she had in mind.

prolly one that costs $50 for 10000 words and passes copyscape cuz that means it's gud.

Ace Contributor
9 of 10

I have just reported her. I only gave the tip of the iceberg here. She said nasty, horrible things in the end and called me a scary person for wanting money. 

Ace Contributor
10 of 10

Thanks, Jennifer, I needed that!Smiley LOL