🐈
» Groups » Writers & Translators » Forum » Re: Standard rates
Page options
dickson10
Community Member

Standard rates

hello, folk, what is the standard rate for writing three e-books of 5000 words each?

8 REPLIES 8
versailles
Community Member

I don't know, what do you usually charge for three 5000 words e-books?

Did you use an automatic text generator for your profile overview?

-----------
"Where darkness shines like dazzling light"   —William Ashbless
petra_r
Community Member

@Dickson E wrote:

hello, folk, what is the standard rate for writing three e-books of 5000 words each?

If they're written in the kind of word-salad your profile overview was written in, I'd say the client would be ripped off at a Dollar for all three.

reinierb
Community Member

Especially given the below avarage test scores on his profile, and the fact that his single portfolio piece is clearly plagiarized.

lysis10
Community Member

it's the cum online/writer people again! LOL

WOW!  That is SERIOUS word salad!  $60-an-hour word salad, apparently.

Just for funsies, here's my own word salad:

Until having nincompoop blatancy erupt per hourly unrealistic incompetence or silliness, this was generally throughout untoward absurdities doubled without erudition akin to exceptional pretension saturated until mightily risible.

Janean, your word salad is more legible than the OP's pofile.  Back to the drawing board for you. 

tlsanders
Community Member

There is no standard rate. Many people on Upwork are willing to write a 5,000 word e-book for $30. My average rate for a work of that length would be about $1,000. There are writers on Upwork who would be horrified that my rate was so low and charge much more.

The appropriate rate depends on the value of your work to the client and your own assessment of the value of your time.

@Tiffany S wrote:

There is no standard rate. Many people on Upwork are willing to write a 5,000 word e-book for $30. My average rate for a work of that length would be about $1,000. There are writers on Upwork who would be horrified that my rate was so low and charge much more.

The appropriate rate depends on the value of your work to the client and your own assessment of the value of your time.

Good advice as always. However, I don't think it applies, or can be made to apply to the OP, despite your good intentions since he will almost certainly never get hired.