cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Taxes when working from Sweden

sheik_mishuk
Sheik A Member Since: Oct 7, 2019
11 of 14

Hi Rohit, thanks a lot for our detailed clarification which really helps. But, in the case of VAT calculations, I am still confused. 

From the source of Upwork example, VAT is supposed to be on the Upwork Fees, not on the entire invoice value. This means, if the Invoice value is 100, Upwork Fee is 20 (considering 20%) and then vat should be 20*20%=4. 

The source for my reference is: 

https://support.upwork.com/hc/en-us/articles/211061278--Value-Added-Tax-VAT-?source=search#eu-calcul...

Am I missing or mixing up something?

Regards

adcf48a8
Rohit A Member Since: Oct 11, 2020
12 of 14

I don't understand your question. There are a lot more intricate details when it comes to your questions. I suggest you talk to a tax consultant or do a lot of reading of skatterverket website.

patrikg123
Patrik G Member Since: Sep 22, 2018
13 of 14

This is pretty much how I also do it, forgot to mark the thread as closed. I do inform private clients from EU about the VAT and when clients ask for a price I quote two different prices, one without VAT when applicable and one with VAT when that is applicable. I don't work with clients from Sweden through Upwork, I use Upwork to find international clients with a good payment protection system. 

adcf48a8
Rohit A Member Since: Oct 11, 2020
14 of 14
Thanks for confirming this Patrick. I tried asking Skatteverket about the reverse charged when dealing with Upwork + Swedish clients and they were clueless Smiley Very Happy
TOP SOLUTION AUTHORS
TOP KUDOED MEMBERS