🐈
» Groups » Writers & Translators » Forum » Tracked Changes In Word
Page options
richardsmith94
Community Member

Tracked Changes In Word

Sorry everyone, a really dull question but maybe someone knows the answer...I'm working on a book for a client and they have sent me all of their text as Word notepads. I've created a new Word document that I have added it all to so that I can edit.

Tracked changes is on. When I format the text, that is all recorded, but when I edit the text, nothing is highlighted.

Has anyone come across this before??

ACCEPTED SOLUTION
kfarnell
Community Member

Sounds like you hid the insertion/deletion changes (which also includes moved text) previously and forgot to change it back?

If so, under the "show markup" menu tick the option of showing or hiding "insertions and deletions" 

View solution in original post

3 REPLIES 3
kfarnell
Community Member

Sounds like you hid the insertion/deletion changes (which also includes moved text) previously and forgot to change it back?

If so, under the "show markup" menu tick the option of showing or hiding "insertions and deletions" 

Got it, thanks for your help Kim.

I find it helpful to toggle back and forth between "Show revisions in balloons" (which makes for clean revised text to [re]review) and "Show comments and formatting in balloons" (which renders my revisions in-line in the text and makes it easier to review any notes to self or author queries).