Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Transcription & rates

eloise-green
Eloise G Member Since: Oct 31, 2016
1 of 4

Hi, 

I'm basicaly just seeking a bit of reassurance here. I've noticed that it takes me between 4 and 5 times the length of audio/video, to transcribe it all depending on the content. I'm finding that a lot of transcription jobs I've applied for and/or got are paid too little. Most recently I was offered $15 per audio hour, I certainly wouldn't be making anywhere near the French minimum wage. This seems crazy low to me - is it very low, or am I a really slow transcriber? 

Insight would be much appreciated!

All the best,

Eloïse

katrinabeaver
Community Guru
Katrina B Member Since: Jan 9, 2011
2 of 4

@Eloise G wrote:

Hi, 

I'm basicaly just seeking a bit of reassurance here. I've noticed that it takes me between 4 and 5 times the length of audio/video, to transcribe it all depending on the content. I'm finding that a lot of transcription jobs I've applied for and/or got are paid too little. Most recently I was offered $15 per audio hour, I certainly wouldn't be making anywhere near the French minimum wage. This seems crazy low to me - is it very low, or am I a really slow transcriber? 

Insight would be much appreciated!

All the best,

Eloïse

It is definitely way too low for some, but people will take it.  I just pass those by.  There's a few on here that pay $5 per audio hour. 

"Fairness is giving all people the treatment they earn and deserve. It doesn't mean treating everyone alike-Coach John Wooden"
eloise-green
Eloise G Member Since: Oct 31, 2016
3 of 4

Yes, that seems a bit mad! I'm just finding it a little discouraging I guess cause I'm finding it difficult to find jobs that are priced fairly so far. But I'm new, and I'll just keep persevering! Thanks

2fc5a13a
andrea h Member Since: Jun 19, 2017
4 of 4

no, you are not terribly skow. this is how long it takes. it is a tough job and you have to concentrate. in western countries it is very expensive. this is why people look for trasciptionists on upwork. in some countrys 15 dollars is a good sallary. 

hop i have been of help. 

TOP SOLUTION AUTHORS