🐈
» Groups » Writers & Translators » Forum » Translation rate
Page options
carloslobo28
Community Member

Translation rate

Hi! I'm earning 2 or three cents per word in translating, I got lots of clients asking and if I'm busy I say 3 and if I'm free I may say 2 or 3 cents per word, I'm asking for usd 20 an hour. I can't  work just for less, it'd be disgracefull to me to work for less. Currently I translated 3 thousand words in one day earned 60 and I'm happy. In what is based your rate? Do you prefer earning less but having a lot of work? I don't like that way, I want to earn many dollars a day. Do you raise your rates once you're top rated? I think I'm willing to be top rated in a while.

4 REPLIES 4
petra_r
Community Member

Carlos L wrote:

Hi! I'm earning 2 or three cents per word in translating,

or 1 Cent...

Carlos L wrote:

I'm asking for usd 20 an hour.

Or $ 15 ....

Carlos L wrote:

I can't  work just for less, it'd be disgracefull to me to work for less.

Seems you can and you do.

Carlos L wrote:

. In what is based your rate? Do you prefer earning less but having a lot of work?

No, I prefer to work less and earn more.

I base my price on how difficult the text is (I base my bid on achieving my hourly rate or better, so charge more per word for more difficult material) and the volume.

No Petra, I do not now work for 1 cent. I said I was asking for 20 that is true in proposals. I meant to earn more. I am having less work for that reason.

Carlos L wrote:
 I said I was asking for 20 that is true in proposals.

Why would you ask for $ 20 in proposals when your profile rate is $ 15, which your prospective clients can see? What do you think clients think when you do that?

Carlos L wrote:
No Petra, I do not now work for 1 cent.

Oh, sorry, you were this month, but aren't now... understood...

Clients can see only the bid in profile when they open the profile. To see my rate of 15 they need to open the full link of my profile that cannot be done unless done in a new tab. I talk about what usually I do, what intend to do. It can serve to translators to try raising their rates. You cannot understand cause you want to taunt me not understand. It seems you know more about my life that myself.