🐈
» Groups » Writers & Translators » Forum » Translation skill tests
Page options
lexidh
Community Member

Translation skill tests

I've been on UpWork for over 4 years now, working mostly as a translator and proofreader, mostly with Norwegian, English and (from, not to) Swedish. When I started out it seemed like a good idea to do a language skill test, but there wasn't one for Norwegian. Thankfully I scored well on the Swedish one, so at least I had that to put on my profile, but now, all these years later, there still is no Norwegian test, and I'm being asked about the lack of a result in such a test from time to time. Will there ever be one? Have they outgrown their purpose and should perhaps be removed? I can't see that there has been made any new language tests since I started out here... Do you guys have them on your profiles?

3 REPLIES 3
pponso
Community Member

Hello Lexidh,

I don't know, if they have the Norwegian English test on Upwork, but I do have a solution for you.

You can get the certificate for the Norwegian English certificate from a recognized  certificate provider outside the Upwork and upload the certificate on your profile...

I hope this helps,

Thanks!

Robin H wrote:

Hello Lexidh,

I don't know, if they have the Norwegian English test on Upwork, but I do have a solution for you.

You can get the certificate for the Norwegian English certificate from a recognized  certificate provider outside the Upwork and upload the certificate on your profile...

I hope this helps,

Thanks!

There is still not test for Norwegian on Upwork.

Your solution might sound simple, but do you have an idea how much these certificates cost? There might not be many Norwegians on the platform but Upwork should offer at least one test. But before they do, they should make sure that there a mistakes. As it is at the moment the languges test are pretty useless, but the clients to not see it.

There is still not test for Norwegian on Upwork.

Your solution might sound simple, but do you have an idea how much these certificates cost? There might not be many Norwegians on the platform but Upwork should offer at least one test. But before they do, they should make sure that there a mistakes. As it is at the moment the languges test are pretty useless, but the clients to not see it.

I searched for the certificates, I could not find one which is relavant to the certificate you're looking for, but I guess, you can also go to a language institute around you and ask them, that you want a Norwegian test certificate and you're willing to undergo a test for the same, I think, this way you will be able to get a certificate, which will add value to your Upwork profile.

Also, I think, you should contact Upwork support and request them to add the Norwegian test.

I  hope this helps!

Thanks