🐈
» Groups » Writers & Translators » Forum » Re: Translations
Page options
sarahgaelle
Community Member

Translations

Hello fellas... I have been writing proposals on upwork but never got replies from clients but I have a successful profil.... Need help about how to win proposals and get jobs from clients.

My email: **Edited for Community Guidelines**

5 REPLIES 5
colettelewis
Community Member

Neris,

We can't help you unless you set your profile to public. Also you must remove your email address, as this is against the forum rules and regs. 

figiel-michal
Community Member

Hi.

I will not offer any help but would also like to get comments in the same topic. 

**Edited for Community Guidelines**

@Michal F wrote:

Hi.

I will not offer any help but would also like to get comments in the same topic. 

Michal,

You have a potentially good niche. But you need to concentrate on the first three sentences of your profile, as this is what a client sees initially. So put the first two sentences somewhere else and convince your client of your translation skills in the sort of technology you mention in the next couple of lines.

You need to pass a few Upwork tests, with above-average scores (this does not necessarily mean a pass mark, but that you have to be better than the average freelancer) and you need to add a portfolio of your translation work.

Only translate into your native language. 

ETA: You also need to remove your email address

Hi Nichola,

thanks a lot, that is what I needed.

Cold review of my miserable start, now I can revamp and start again.

Hopefully will get some response.

Kind regards,

Michael.

Ps. as portfolio you mean just description of up to date projects or the actual substance? If the second then I would need permission I presume, as the documents are not my property.

Your profile is not miserable, it just needs a little polishing. 

As to your portfolio, it is better to have actual examples of your translation. If it's possible, ask permission to use work you have already done, or create your own - either find texts that are out of copyright, or ask permission to translate a couple of public texts/articles in your field.