🐈
» Groups » Writers & Translators » Forum » Trying to improve my incomings, improving my ...
Page options
patty_pretty
Community Member

Trying to improve my incomings, improving my skills

Hey guys,

This is my firts year on Upwork and I had a very good experience but I´m experiencing a drop down in the amount of jobs that I get, I think it could be a consequence of the summer, but may be is beacuse there is a lot of people offering the same services that I do offer. I'm a copywriter, editor and proofreader (just in Spanish text). I also translate from English to Spanish, since my native language is Spanish. I would love to find better job offers and I would like to ask you people if english copywriters have better opportunities or if you think that I can find better oportunities by learning how to program and develop websites.

I want to study and learn something that can be helpful to my life as a freelancer.

Thank you

ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Patricia M: 'I'm very good as a writer but as u can c my English is not strong enough and I also like to program...'

An additional skill never hurt. It's also possible to enjoy two different fields. So, if you can sharpen your programming skills, well and good - it'll widen your job seeking arena. Look, for example, at how many other fields the Father of Modern Linguistics, Noam Chomsky, has excelled in...

View solution in original post

5 REPLIES 5
lysis10
Community Member

you should do something you're interested in or good at

santo247
Community Member

That is a great answer, Ppl should do what they really like, and bo good at it

Thank you for your advice, Jennifer.

I'm very good as a writer but as u can c my English is not strong enough and I also like to program, I would improve myself in any of these fields without a problem, but I'm not too young I have to chose based in my best interest.

Use your skills to create content for the Spanish speaking market. Work as a translator or writer for local organizations who need to communicate with Spanish clients. 

(I have never been able to master a second language.)

Patricia M: 'I'm very good as a writer but as u can c my English is not strong enough and I also like to program...'

An additional skill never hurt. It's also possible to enjoy two different fields. So, if you can sharpen your programming skills, well and good - it'll widen your job seeking arena. Look, for example, at how many other fields the Father of Modern Linguistics, Noam Chomsky, has excelled in...