cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

WILL THE 'SHRUNKEN BOY' CREATIVE WRITING JOB EVER DIE?

nb88
Community Leader
Nick B Member Since: Sep 11, 2015
1 of 29

That job - or varitations of it - has been posted on Elance/Upwork every month for at least three years. I wish whoever's behind it would just stop or write the bloody thing themselves! 

judsontrevor
Ace Contributor
Trevor J Member Since: Sep 16, 2015
2 of 29

I'm glad you saw them too. I was beginning to think they were a recurring nightmare.

I was actually tempted to write something along the lines of 'Fantastic Voyage', going into ever more detailed descriptions of heart or kidney anatomy as Joey gets lodged in a ventricle or trapped under a sweet corn kernel, while all the time I innocently misunderstand the ever more desperate pleas for musty crevice descriptions. But that seemed a bit cruel. 

nb88
Community Leader
3 of 29

Ha ha. Glad it's just not me. I think the poster must have some kind of issue really. It's appeared well over 100 times!

judsontrevor
Ace Contributor
4 of 29

Wow. That is dedication. He either needs a trophy or a social worker.

tlsanders
Community Guru
Tiffany S Member Since: Jan 15, 2016
5 of 29

Wait, does he shrink? I thought he grew to ten feet tall or something. Was that a different job? If so, WHY?

judsontrevor
Ace Contributor
6 of 29

I think I remember variations (though I'm trying hard not to...*shiver*). In the "Two Mile Titan" style ones he's asking for 'dark and disturbing' descriptions of a boy grown to two miles tall who gets explored by a normal sized unfortunate, and then in the "Shrunk By his Brother" ones it's the other way around. Some poor lad ends up 2mm high (from imperial measurements to metric? Now that is broad-minded) and has to engage in some extreme orienteering.

Maybe there's scope for a third, innoccent option where the 2mm boy gets stuck in the 2 mile high boy's hair and befriends a lost flea or something. Then they could row across a petri dish lake. I might suggest that to him. Smiley Happy 

nb88
Community Leader
7 of 29

That's right. A variation on a very weird and very tiresome theme! I've seen it on other sites too. JUST STOP, PLEASE !!

kfarnell
Community Guru
Kim F Member Since: Aug 26, 2015
8 of 29

I thought it was some kind of fetish thing - only because  I couldn't imagine any other reason for multiple versions of the same story. 

Then I thought the whole thing was a euphemism that I didn't understand. 

Or the opener to a scam.

I have spent far, far too much time wondering about it.

judsontrevor
Ace Contributor
9 of 29

https://www.amazon.com/Two-Mile-Titan-Naughty-Giant-ebook/dp/B015RU4TV8/ref=sr_1_1?ie=UTF8&qid=14914...

It looks like somebody actually wrote one, but the sole reviewer was not happy, giving one star and a comment - "This pathetic excuse for a book should not be read. It is not engaging at all and there is no detail."

There probably is a fetish element to the repeated postings, but I remember seeing one request for the writer to do webcam modelling and acting out of the scenes too. Maybe he's planning a film as well as a book? 

nb88
Community Leader
10 of 29

If only that was the end of it!