🐈
» Forums » New to Upwork » Why I'm not getting jobs and I have a lot of ...
Page options
njiri-noah
Community Member

Why I'm not getting jobs and I have a lot of proposals

2 REPLIES 2
JoanneP

Hi Noah,

I understand that you are disappointed that you are not landing any job so far despite submitting proposals consistently. It may take a while, especially if you are just starting, but I hope you will not give up and continue giving your best. I took a look at your profile and thought that you might benefit from the following resources to help you build your profile, and also to help in writing your proposals: 

9 Tips to Help You Create a Freelancer Profile That Stands Out

7 Tips to Help You Succeed as a Freelance Professional

Create a proposal

How to write a cover letter

You can check for more tips in the freelancer resource corner.

~ Joanne
Upwork
colettelewis
Community Member

Noah, 

I think you have listed too many categories. You should be offering the skills that you are competent in  such as the ones you are studying at college and the ones you mention first in your profile - IT, networking and technical support.  If you feel you can write about these subjects, then you should add some examples of your writing in your portfolio. 

You do not have enough experience to offer editing or proofreading skills. These are hugely oversubscribed categories and you would be up against hundreds of  highly qualified and experienced editors. 

Translation could be an option if you stick only to English and  Swahili or any of the other regional Kenyan languages. Again, you do need experience, and you do need a portfolio.    

At the moment, your portfolio does not reflect any of the skills you mention. It would be best to remove it and add something that is your own work and that will convince a client. You also need to correct the errors in your overview heading. 

Latest Articles
Featured Topics
Learning Paths