cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Word Processing Programs

Highlighted
David C Member Since: Dec 15, 2016
1 of 5

I'm relatively new to UpWork. I have a Mac which has three programs with which I can compose and create documents: Pages, TextEdit and pdf. Is there a standard program(s) that both clients and freelancers use to exchange and work on documents on UpWork?

Thanks.

Community Guru
Virginia F Member Since: Feb 15, 2016
BEST ANSWER
2 of 5

Offhand, I would imagine it would be helpful to have Word; That said, I'm on a Mac and I use OpenOffice, a free word processing program that will open Word documents: http://www.openoffice.org/product/mac.html

You might want to post this question in the writer's forum - they'd have a better handle on this than I do.

David C Member Since: Dec 15, 2016
3 of 5

Hi Virginia,

OK, great. I will check out that OpenOffice link. Thank you very much for your kindness and help!

Dave C.

Community Guru
Jennifer M Member Since: May 17, 2015
4 of 5

I still have Word 2007 from the glory days of Microsoft Technet registration IIRC...man I even forget the name for it but it was awesome cuz you could download anything for $1200/year SWEET. I had so many cool things like SQL Enterprise that costs an arm and a leg for licensing.

I'ma upgrade to the latest probably this year though.

Community Guru
Samantha S Member Since: Jun 23, 2016
5 of 5

I stopped using Word. My Mac came with Pages. But I mostly use Google Docs for clients. 

TOP SOLUTION AUTHORS
TOP KUDOED MEMBERS