🐈
» Groups » Writers & Translators » Forum » Working on Upwork
Page options
habitab8888
Community Member

Working on Upwork

I, Tabinda Habib, am facing some health issues with my eyesight and hearing; yet I do want to and need to do work on Upwork! 

Can Upwork team do me a favor?

My younger sis Farida Jaafree{ who lives with me }though not a Dr. by profession, is willing to help me work. She writes better than I do;however, she holds a certificate in O levels and that only in two subjects.She is willing to replace my membership with hers.

I request you to have a video call chat with her and give her a place on Upwork and replace my membership with hers.

Yours

ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Hi Tabinda,

Please refer to the information shared by Aleksandar on this thread. Your sister will need to create her own Upwork account and work as a freelancer using her account. Account sharing is a violation of Upwork ToS. Once she creates an account, she needs to submit it for review, which will take 24-48 hours. She will be notified of the status of her profile approval. Once approved, she can start submitting proposals to jobs posted on Upwork. Thank you. 

~ Joanne
Upwork

View solution in original post

5 REPLIES 5
AleksandarD
Community Manager
Community Manager

Hi Tabinda,

I'm sorry to hear about your health issues and I wish that you get well soon!

Your sister needs to create her own account as sharing accounts is a serious violation of Upwork's Terms of Service. If any help is needed regarding your sister's account, please let her know to reach out to us so that we can assist her as we are unable to discuss the details of another user's account with you for privacy reasons.

Thank you.

~ Aleksandar
Upwork

Thanks for replying me so promptly; actually all this draft is being typed by my sis Farida Jaafree. She is endeavoring hard to reach out to you but is facing problems. She did start getting an admission into the Medical College but was not very punctual. As a result, she did learn all the subjects of Medicine but did not get a degree because she was busy helping some destitutes, some relatives who were facing health issues. Casually she submitted the examination fee for O levels for two subjects and got the result. I assure you if you give her a place, she will do much better than myself. Truly yours Tabinda Habib PS= If you search on the profile page, you will find that she has submitted her official ID card and is ready to have a video conference with your agent. Now plz can you help her.

Hi Tabinda,

Please refer to the information shared by Aleksandar on this thread. Your sister will need to create her own Upwork account and work as a freelancer using her account. Account sharing is a violation of Upwork ToS. Once she creates an account, she needs to submit it for review, which will take 24-48 hours. She will be notified of the status of her profile approval. Once approved, she can start submitting proposals to jobs posted on Upwork. Thank you. 

~ Joanne
Upwork

Dear Upwork team,

My sis Farida Jaafree says that as soon as she endeavors to reaches out the page where she is supposed to fill in the form, she is asked to display samples of her previous work. She has to cut a sorry figure because there are none to display. All she has done uptil now is to act as a ghost writer for various persons who own all the legal rights for the work, she did for them. Now the Upwork form says, you can't leave any column blank. Please do have a considerate attitude with her because she is trying to help me financially. I've already left my job at the hospital and need money.

Yours truly 

Tabinda Habib

Tabinda H wrote:

Dear Upwork team,

My sis Farida Jaafree says that as soon as she endeavors to reaches out the page where she is supposed to fill in the form, she is asked to display samples of her previous work. She has to cut a sorry figure because there are none to display. All she has done uptil now is to act as a ghost writer for various persons who own all the legal rights for the work, she did for them. Now the Upwork form says, you can't leave any column blank. Please do have a considerate attitude with her because she is trying to help me financially. I've already left my job at the hospital and need money.

Yours truly 

Tabinda Habib

Tabinda, I am a ghostwriter too, and my clients own the rights to my work. However, with their permission I can still claim the work as my own (link to it, describe the project and specify that I was a ghostwriter). It's very common.