🐈
» Groups » Writers & Translators » Forum » Re: Would Really Appreciate Some Input From O...
Page options
alihemmingway
Community Member

Would Really Appreciate Some Input From Other Writers Re: the JSS System

Hello! 

I've finally gotten my JSS up to an 89% but unfortunately a lot of the jobs that I think I would be a good candidate for are asking for a 90% JSS. I'm literally one point away from even being considered, is there anyway to overcome this so that I can earn more jobs to even increase my chances of earning a higher JSS? 

It's unfortunate that an 80% is considered low, especially if you've been with the site since Elance, because prospective clients aren't taking run ins with poor clients, and changes in work patterns into consideration. 

Also, if adding additional background info helps, I write contemporary romance stories and I'm hoping to get back into article writing. Does anyone have any tips for navigating the site in a sea of clients that may be making snap judgements based on the JSS? 

Thanks in advance for any insight that you guys might have to offer! 

ACCEPTED SOLUTION
aditipie
Community Member

🙂 I see your score higher than 90%. You rock!

View solution in original post

7 REPLIES 7
wendy_writes
Community Member

Alicia, bid on any RFP you want and know you can do a terrific job on.  99% of landing a gig is in your proposal!

datasciencewonk
Community Member

Article writing for which genre?

Answering that question for yourself is the first step. 

tlbp
Community Member

In your situation, I would probably start trying to move my focus gradually. Try for article jobs that are for viral or pop style articles. Maybe relationships, fashion, etc. Then, once your job history rolls down so that those articles are displaying (rather than the fiction work), you can slowing move into other types of articles. 

aditipie
Community Member

🙂 I see your score higher than 90%. You rock!

katsza
Community Member

So, I am curious...what worked, what steps did you take? I am new to this world and am open to all sage advice and words of wisdom.

Keep well,

Kathy

alihemmingway
Community Member

Thanks Aditi!
alihemmingway
Community Member

Kathy S, I got really lucky in the quality of clients that I ran into. They gave me solid feedback and I spent more time focusing on the quality of my romance writing as opposed to how long it took to write it, and they seemed to really appreciate that. However, I know that sometimes your best isn't always acknowledged so I really so think I lucked out in finding people that were willing to be honest about their feedback.