Kim F Member Since: Aug 26, 2015
11 of 17

I laughed...

attewell-tim
Tim A Member Since: Nov 10, 2017
12 of 17

Petra R wrote:

look around the forum lol Smiley Wink

Hahaha, fair point. I rarely post here. Didn't realize it was such a viper pit.

colettelewis
Community Guru
Nichola L Member Since: Mar 13, 2015
13 of 17

Tim, 

I dislike tracked hourly time, but when I have trusted a client, I have worked hourly projects that are manual. However, your increasingly acid comments are not only incomprehensible, but IMO the most "viperish" on this thread. Everyone has their own preferred way of working - accept it. Do what's good for you and get over Upwork's tracking system. You are not obliged to use it. 

attewell-tim
Tim A Member Since: Nov 10, 2017
14 of 17

However, your increasingly acid comments are not only incomprehensible, but IMO the most "viperish" on this thread. Everyone has their own preferred way of working - accept it. Do what's good for you and get over Upwork's tracking system. You are not obliged to use it. 

Well, Nichola... I just wrote an awesomely sarcastic response to this. After posting, I realized it was just more viper-on-viper nonsense, and deleted it.

Maybe its in your e-mail inbox, but it won't be public.

If it's not sitting in your inbox and is in fact lost to cyberspace.... Just know: it was sssooOOOoooo good. Smiley Wink

varungs
Community Guru
Varun G Member Since: Dec 11, 2019
15 of 17

It was a pretty funny post. Cool to see someone around here with a sense of humour. **edited for Community Guidelines**

537e6537
Tahira Maria A Member Since: Feb 22, 2020
16 of 17

How do you determine your hourly rates?

tlsanders
Community Guru
Tiffany S Member Since: Jan 15, 2016
17 of 17

Tim, I'm a writer and use fixed price almost exclusively. Both on and off Upwork, I charge on a per-piece basis with a word count range rather than per word. It works perfectly with the milestone system, and eliminates the need to count up by pennies and any inclination the client might have to try to cut costs by cutting word count or perception that the freelancer might be inflating for money.

The range increases as the count increases. For instance, 600-800 words is one price bracket, and 2,500-3,000 is another.