🐈
» Groups » Writers & Translators » Forum » Wrong job descriptions by clients
Page options
jr-translation
Community Member

Wrong job descriptions by clients

Is it just me? I work as a translator from Norwegian and Danish to German. So naturally I apply when a job like that shows up. I wasted 10 connects in the last the months because the clients were actually looking for German into Norwegian or Danish. As soon as I pointed out their mistake they just create a new job while the old one is still there for others to waste their connects. I can try and flag it but since I cannot choose wrong job description nor leave a comment the jobs remain until they are closed by the system.

7 REPLIES 7
cylver1z
Community Member

Hello Jennifer,

I’m sorry to hear about your experience and thank you for flagging those kinds of jobs. If you ever experience this again, kindly remind the clients to close the misleading job to avoid any confusions with other freelancers. However, you may also advise your client to edit the job post rather than posting a new one. Kindly click this link to learn more. Thank you.

Untitled

Ryan C:

wouldn't it be the moderator's responsibility to do what you suggest after you have been notified of the wrong job description?

And doesn't Upwork offer restitution of connects after such experiences? After all, the lady lost her connects through no fault of hers. Personally, I do not wish to waste/lose my connects on wrong job descriptions.

All the best,

Myriam H.

Hello Myriam,

Yes, we may report the job posts with the wrong descriptions if they are being reported through here. Since Jennifer already flagged the job posts herself, we don't have to take any further actions because it will be automatically escalated to the right team who handles flagged job posts. Unfortunately, we can't refund your connects (Once a contract is made). Please note that the only way to have your connects back is if a project is canceled without forming a contract. Please click here to learn more about connects. Thank you.

Untitled

Yes, I just checked and got the connects back this time.

Is there a chance that you offer more option for flagging. How do I mark a wrong job description or a one which is for whatever reason not listed yet against the ToU?

Ryan, the problem is that flagging a job that is perfectly legitimate except that it's erroneous won't work...we're not given any appropriate checkbox or a text field to explain the reason for flagging, so CS will likely review the post and find nothing wrong with it.

Hello Tiffany and Jennifer,

Thank you for sharing your suggestions to add more options in flagging job posts. I'll share this with our team so that they could take a look at it. You may also send us (the community moderators) a pm if you want to report job posts so we could escalate it to our team. Thank you.

Untitled
petra_r
Community Member

@Ryan C wrote:

Hello Tiffany and Jennifer,

Thank you for sharing your suggestions to add more options in flagging job posts. I'll share this with our team so that they could take a look at it. You may also send us (the community moderators) a pm if you want to report job posts so we could escalate it to our team. Thank you.

It has "been shared with the team" over and over and over again for years and we've been promised a revamp many times.

Alas, nothing changed (yet.)