🐈
» Groups » Writers & Translators » Forum » Re: chargeback request on hourly contract aft...
Page options
live-solutions
Community Member

chargeback request on hourly contract after successful upwork refund given to me

Hello,

I received an Upwork notification for a chargeback request. 

I worked on an hourly writing job and the client asked me to save documents on google drive. After 2 weeks, the client's account was suspended because of payment issues, and Upwork resolved it by checking the work diary. Upwork funded me because I fulfilled the criteria for Upwork payment protection.

How I'm supposed to provide solid proofs. It's clear that Upwork released payment for hourly protection after analyzing my activity. Now they should resolve on their own. 

P.S. client was never responsive after assigning the job.

Guidance would be highly appreciated.

Thank you,

Iqra

ACCEPTED SOLUTION
BojanS
Community Manager
Community Manager

Hi Iqra,

I'm sorry to hear about your experience with this contract. It looks like you have a support ticket with our team about this case. Please consider following up on your open ticket and kindly communicate with our team through that ticket if you have any questions, in order to keep all the information in one place.

Thank you!

~ Bojan
Upwork

View solution in original post

8 REPLIES 8
BojanS
Community Manager
Community Manager

Hi Iqra,

I'm sorry to hear about your experience with this contract. It looks like you have a support ticket with our team about this case. Please consider following up on your open ticket and kindly communicate with our team through that ticket if you have any questions, in order to keep all the information in one place.

Thank you!

~ Bojan
Upwork
ukped
Community Member

Scam Alert

I developed a website, created social media accounts and provided business start-up advisory services to an client on an hourly contract for a week in August ($180) and a further 2 weeks  in September ($26 & $60) on a separate hourly contract. The contract was put on suspended in September; there was no refund request or complain that the job was not done. The first contract was closed about 2 weeks before he awarded the second contract

I got the message below from Upwork today!

**Edited for community guidelines**

Why am I been forced to: refund money I worked for? refund earnings on closed contract? refund money 3 months contract was closed? can't upwork see from our messages  that work was done?

Most importantly, what proof of work is upwork expecting from me? Screen shot of my message exchange with the client? Link to the website?

If Upwork forced me to refund the money for both contracts, at the end; will it be ok to destroy the job I did for the client? E.g the website? Because the website is still up and running till this very moment

This is simply not right

Hi Orukpe,

I checked your account, and it looks like our team reached out to you providing more information about the issue. Please check your ticket number: 30174269. 

~ Joanne
Upwork
lysis10
Community Member

Orukpe E wrote:

Scam Alert

I developed a website, created social media accounts and provided business start-up advisory services to an client on an hourly contract for a week in August ($180) and a further 2 weeks  in September ($26 & $60) on a separate hourly contract. The contract was put on suspended in September; there was no refund request or complain that the job was not done. The first contract was closed about 2 weeks before he awarded the second contract

I got the message below from Upwork today!

**Edited for community guidelines**

Why am I been forced to: refund money I worked for? refund earnings on closed contract? refund money 3 months contract was closed? can't upwork see from our messages  that work was done?

Most importantly, what proof of work is upwork expecting from me? Screen shot of my message exchange with the client? Link to the website?

If Upwork forced me to refund the money for both contracts, at the end; will it be ok to destroy the job I did for the client? E.g the website? Because the website is still up and running till this very moment

This is simply not right

Sounds like the client filed a chargeback. Use tracker and the payment protection guidelines to avoid this stuff.

ukped
Community Member

Hi,

I will like to know if it is against upwork policy for a freelancer to initiate criminal charges against a client in the state/community where they reside

Hi Orukpe,

You may check this help article for more information. The article also includes information about taking legal action. 

~ Joanne
Upwork
Community Member

Please I am new here I need a support

Hi there,

Can you please let us know how can we assist you?

~ Luiggi
Upwork