🐈
» Groups » Writers & Translators » Forum » Re: language tutoring
Page options
anja-jachmann
Community Member

language tutoring

Hi, how can I offer language lessons? I tried to create a profile and can't find the option. I only have the option to offer translations and to check the box for language teaching. 

8 REPLIES 8
NikolaS

Hi Anja, 

Thank you for reaching out to us. What specific language do you teach? You may pick out the Translation job category, and choose the "Language Tutor" as a skill.

~ Nikola
Upwork

I am a German language teacher. Thank you for your help.

And what do I do with the question

Which languages can you translate?

You must select at least one language you can translate!

The options are Translation language 1 to language 2.
  • Translation German Arabic
  • Translation German Chinese
  • Translation German Croatian
  • Translation German Dutch
  • Translation German English
  • Translation German French
  • Translation GermanGeorgian
  • Translation GermanGreek

Just German is not possible.

Hi Anja,

The question there is meant to answer the target language in which you can translate German. For example, if you can translate German to English, you'd choose "Translation German English".

Thank you.

~ Luiggi
Upwork

Hello Luiggi,

thank you for your help but I don't want to offer a translation. I am not a translator. I am a German language teacher. I would like to offer German language courses. Of course I use English or French in the course. But I cannot translate technical or medical texts from English or French into German, for example.

Nikola S. told me to pick out the Translation job category, and choose the "Language Tutor" as a skill.

But the problem is, that I have to chose the option translation from source language to target language.

Is there really no possibility to offer language classes?

I don't know if you saw the initial question, maybe I made a mistake in answering it. I actually wanted to answer to the answer.

Thank you

Hi Anja,

I understand your concern. Please note that once you make the initial selection Nikola advised on and your profile gets approved, you'll be able to create a specialized profile and select Language Tutoring as your specialty, along with selecting German as a single language you specialize in and not a translation language pair.

Let us know if you need further assistance.

~ Vladimir
Upwork
fb459f8c
Community Member

I am looking for a Native French (French from France) who can tutor me via zoom to speak French better.

Hi Jeremy,

Here's a search of well-rated French tutors. You can also learn how to post a job here.

~Andrea
Upwork